robrado974

How could i be so stupid !!!!!!!!

I was washing the car and as always i had the wipers up , was thinking about doing the top of the wings in the engine bay after , before my stupid brain had engaged i had lifted the bonnet without putting the wipers down . Obviously they connected with the bonnet and slid down it back to their position on the screen . I am now left with bare metal on the edge of the bonnet . I cannot believe i have done this !!!!, whats more is i cannot find my touch up paint ,i was given after the re-paint .

Yours rather dumdly Rob

Iv done it lol i bet a few others have aswell its an easy mistake , once its touched up you cant really tell to be honest bud , its in a place you dont really look

At least you didnt crash in to your house !! And yes i have done that aswell lol

I've done that, didn't feel half as stupid as I did when I did it the second time :bonk:

I didnt even need to finish the first sentence before knowing what you had done. DOH, bad at the best of times but when youve had a respray. :(

You'll only do it the once though ;-)

It's typical mate, when your trying hard to be careful with the paint something always happens! It's Sod's law

It happens to the best of us. I did it with one wiper up and just caught it before I lifted it all the way but still put a little nick in the paint whilst my friend was watching me and called me a tit!

Last week I was trying out some spacers on the rear of my car; shoved the jack under, undid the wheel bolts and removed the wheel. The car fell and was caught by the wheel as I removed it, just about held up by the wheel arch on the tyre - I hadn't lifted the jack!!! What an idiot, I could have seriously hurt myself not to mention the car!!!

We all do something stooopid from time to time....!

Thanks for sympathy ! At least im not the only one , sure it will be fine when ive touched it up . Feel a bit better this morning .