ray_vr6

Anyone know Swampy (Banned User)

And yes I will defend the products I sell as I know how well made they are, how much time the company that make them spend developing new product lines, they have all the ends made to there own specification.

They supply all manner of top level Motorsport teams with everything from brake lines, fuel lines, fia fuel sampling rigs and oil cooler lines, not just with in the uk but worldwide.

They exhibit every year at the autosport international show, so they really are not a dodgy company but one who know what they are doing and make them to exacting standards.

As for not being an enthusast, I have being displaying my cars on various club stands for the last 15 years at all sorts of shows, winning several best in club awards etc

And all those of you looking at fitting good ridge , good luck with that they have being making lines for the 205gti for 25 years and they still don't fit correctly, the fitting in to the bracket on the front line has to be filed out.

Edited by swampy

Well I have just removed the banjo end on one of my brakes.

Banjo bolt - 10mm diameter

Banjo end ID - 12mm

Pics soon

Well I have just removed the banjo end on one of my brakes.

Banjo bolt - 10mm diameter

Banjo end ID - 12mm

Pics soon

There you go then, the company that supplied me have fitted the rear type ends on, explains why the orginal bolts are slack.

An easy enough fix, just undo the end and screw a new smaller fitting in to its place which I can sort out monday

And yes I will defend the products I sell as I know how well made they are, how much time the company that make them spend developing new product lines, they have all the ends made to there own specification.

They supply all manner of top level Motorsport teams with everything from brake lines, fuel lines, fia fuel sampling rigs and oil cooler lines, not just with in the uk but worldwide.

They exhibit every year at the autosport international show, so they really are not a dodgy company but one who know what they are doing and make them to exacting standards.

As for not being an enthusast, I have being displaying my cars on various club stands for the last 15 years at all sorts of shows, winning several best in club awards etc

And all those of you looking at fitting good ridge , good luck with that they have being making lines for the 205gti for 25 years and they still don't fit correctly, the fitting in to the bracket on the front line has to be filed out.

Obviously you haven't noticed this is not a forum for 205gti's it is a forum for Corrado's i suppose you have some story about them as well. Goodridge's are tested in the factory which is why they come with plastic plug's on the end's incase there is any left from the testing process if your so called excellent absolutely the best you can buy blah blah blah line's were made to such exacting standard's then i wouldn't have ended up with leaky line's but then you will come up with some excuse cos as somersetdub said you are never wrong :lol::lol::lol::lol:.

There you go then, the company that supplied me have fitted the rear type ends on, explains why the orginal bolts are slack.

An easy enough fix, just undo the end and screw a new smaller fitting in to its place which I can sort out monday

So there we go then... tbh I'd not even looked at these kits or the thread until today but this is maybe not helped by the fact the kits were not supplied with bolts, if they were then the mistake would have been easier to spot. I suspected this was the case when Somersetdub mentioned the larger bolts that were sent and thanks for measuring / confirming Swampy.

Obviously yes it's a quick and easy fix if the ends are screw-on but how many sets were sold like this and fitted to cars that are on the road now!?!- are you able to get a load of M10 ends in stock so you can send out to people of needed? This maybe a one off but I think people need to be aware and need to check the cars asap as this could also be a serious safety issue!

photo1.jpg

photo2.jpg

photo3.jpg

---------- Post added at 7:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 7:16 PM ----------

"There you go then"?!

So was I wrong?

It appear's swampy has done his usual dissappearing act when thing's get a bit on top what's up truth hard to swallow? I really have had enough of you now don't need this on a friday evening when i am relaxing :nono:

It appear's swampy has done his usual dissappearing act when thing's get a bit on top what's up truth hard to swallow? I really have had enough of you now don't need this on a friday evening when i am relaxing :nono:

What ??

You realy are a spoilt little baby arnt you,or maybe one of those people who have to have a beer and a fight on a Friday night.

I do not spend 24 hours a day responding to messages on the forum

Why am I spoiling your night?

If you don't like what I write then then don't read it, but lets not forget that when you first got the car you blamed two very well known and established members for bodging the brakes on the car before you purchased it, two users who are well respected so I really don't think your comments count for anything, personally I don't think you or your mechanic are all that competent.

As for my comment about 205gti and good ridge, that is purely to point out that one of the biggest most respected names in the business are not perfect, I previously owned a 309 gti so visited the 205 forums at the time.

As for keeping a stock of the fittings it's really not needed, they can be supplied as and when required but I only supplied lines to that spec on very small quantities.

As has being proven and written by several well known and respected forum members there is no issue at all with fitment of the rears

Several good what about the amount of negative :lol: as for trying to drag the two well known member's as you put it into the mix you are wasting your time there mate. Spoiling my night not in the slightest this is making my night it is rather amusing it is you who is making a monkey of yourself :wave: oh Cheerio...

Several good what about the amount of negative :lol: as for trying to drag the two well known member's as you put it into the mix you are wasting your time there mate. Spoiling my night not in the slightest this is making my night it is rather amusing it is you who is making a monkey of yourself :wave: oh Cheerio...

Good night don't come back too soon!!!

Your the one who said I was ruining your night.

The thing is with reviews, people always remember the bad ones as these are the ones that tend to get posted but rarely do people put good reviews up

Well once swampy has sold whatever he has got apparently he is packing it in :dance: but i know what you are saying mate it is a bit tedious but there is no getting away from the fact's.

The way I read it that was his issue though - VW's use M10 fittings and the ones he had were 12mm so if you supplied M12 bolts to match then they obviously didn't fit as he stated - if this is the case then the hoses should have been replaced.

This says it all.

Thank's somersetdub but it seem's alot has been said but no action taken as you say ^

This thread is done now, was originally asking about getting in contact with swampy and we now know the ends should be another size, locking.

I've read right through this thread (sad I know). To claim that the banjo coupling needs to be centered within the banjo bolt is the biggest load of rubbish I have ever read. The banjo bolt is supposed to fit perfectly inside the banjo coupling with no lateral movement!

Well I would have thought that now I have measured and posted photos of the discrepancy, Swampy might have at least apologised for repeatedly professing that there was nothing wrong with the lines he sold to me. Or better still an offer to rectify the problem.

I'm waiting for a refund as I had to get the garage to order the bolts in order to get the job finished

I think he's more interested in selling his stuff on other forums at the moment....

Can't refund any one unless I shift some bits!!

Brake ends are due to be sent direct from the company that used to supply me with BRAKELINES!!

But as I no longer deal with them they are being slow, they also have a set of braided lines to send back to someone on another forum but are being slow about it, the guy I used to deal with has left, quality has gone down