VR6Pete

VR6OC V-Festival @ Brooklands Museum 26th October 2013

if any body is going via A21 - M25 and would like to make a convoy perhaps we could arrange a meet point?

Hi,

I just wanted to send you a quick update regarding the V6 Festival taking place this Saturday @ Brooklands Motorsport Museum!

What time does it start?

The gates open at brooklands at 10:00am.

There are various meeting points / convoys taking place, please check vr6oc.com and r32oc.com for details.

Banked track group photos

Brooklands advised us a couple days ago that we will only be allowed to take 60 cars onto the banked track or pay an additional £500 (!!), but for this years event we do not have the budget to do this unfortunately, however the issue we have is that that 80+ cars have registered before we we advised of this change from when we first booked the event with the venue, so to gauge interest we would like to know who is interested in taking part in the banked track photo then please fill out the following form http://form.jotformeu.com/form/32956160679364 to indicate if you are wanting to take part in the group photo or not.

We will issue 60 passes on the day should the demand be greater than we have have allocated to us, however I am still trying to negotiate with the venue to allow us more cars on.

Due to health and safely regulations, the group photo will only take place should the weather allow (keep those fingers crossed) and there will be cost of (£10 payable to Brooklands) per car who wishes to take part in the group photo session, each session will run approximately for 30 minutes.

*** If anyone has some photography / video skills who can capture the day then please get in touch ***

What are the show and shine categories?

The show categories are as follows:

Best wheels

Best interior

Best engine bay

Car of the show

Runner up car of the show

And maybe one more!! :)

The VR6OC team will be judging the cars in the early afternoon with trophy and prize presentations around 3:00 - 3:30 (times are subject to change depending upon weather conditions).

What are the prizes?

We have made some awesome VR6/R32 head gasket style trophies for the above categories and in addition, we also have the following prizes sponsored by KleenFreaks for the winners.

Shampoo

Quick Detailer

KF stickers

What does it cost?

Adult £10.00

Senior Citizen/Student £9.00

Children (5-16) £5.50

Children under 5 FREE

Family ticket £27.00

Group Photo £10/car

How to get here?

The Museum is between Weybridge and Byfleet, just a few minutes from Junction 10 of the M25 and the A3 London-Portsmouth trunk road. Leave the A3 at the Painshill junction and follow the A245 towards Byfleet - look out for the brown Brooklands Museum™ signs. The main visitor entrance is reached via Brooklands Drive and Mercedes-Benz World. The postcode for satnavs is KT13 0SL.

PLEASE USE THE CAMPBELL ENTRANCE OFF BROOKLANDS ROAD

Did someone say cake?

In celebration of the clubs 10th Birthday we will be brining large quantities of complementary cake, hand made by us finished with our club logo cake toppers!

More information:

There are a number of topics on the forums with updates / convoys and teaser photos of our trophies at the following forum links:

VR6OC - http://www.vr6oc.com/forum/topic/40743-v6-festival-brooklands-museum-26th-october-2013/

R32OC - http://www.r32oc.com/topic/54033-brooklands-museum-meet/

The-Corrado - http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?t=80424

TTOC - http://www.ttforum.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=387434

We will also have a selection of VR6OC Window Stickers / Tax Disc Holders For Sale from our Club Store.

Please feel free to check out www.vr6oc.com and introduce yourselves along with your car before the event!

We are very excited about hosting our first National Meet in over 2 years and thank you for supporting the club and this event, please spread the word on your local forums and social media networks!

See you all on Saturday!

Kinds Regards,

Pete Leese

The VR6 Owners Club

Can't believe this is tomorrow! Fingers crossed for a dry day :) gonna be an awesome day

[ATTACH]76157[/ATTACH]

Looking forward to seeing this as many other awesome cars in the brooklands museum too :)

Sadly I no longer have a Corrado and am also struck down with man flu but I hope to be there as I live 5 minutes away.

Hi Everyone, Weather is looking OK for tomorrow!

Which is good news....

everyone looking forward to this now?

post-81920-0-89684900-1382689579.png

But it is going to turn nasty as this storm front moves in Saturday night / Sunday / Monday....

See you Saturday :)

Pete

Looking at local petrol stations for jet washes so we can wash cars before the day..... this is the closest I've found...

Murco Petroleum Ltd

Oyster La, West Byfleet KT14 7JH

It's about 1.5 miles away from brooklands and looking at google street view I can see a sign for jet washing smile.png

http://goo.gl/maps/TkC4e

There is a meeting point at stafford services ( south side) at. 6:30 - 6:45 for anyone travelling down :)

Important: please use the entrance off brooklands road and NOT brooklands drive :)

Just got back. Had a great time and nice to meet up with some old faces. Lovely venue as usual. Thanks for organising. Not a bad Corrado turnout either.

You missed a good day out Sean,

well done & thanks to Pete & co for your hard work in organising this,a good turnout & some rather lovely R32's there

[ATTACH]76165[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]76166[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]76167[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]76161[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]76162[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]76163[/ATTACH]

Few teaser shots :)

It's a shame that only 27 cars were allowed on the banked section though due to health and safety regulations and cars being too low :( hey ho

Counted over 65 different VRs, R32's and an awesome V6 Turbo TT.

No problems guys, was a fantastic day, I've not long got in, popped over to the merc place too after. Hope you liked trophies and cakes.

[ATTACH]76164[/ATTACH]

What a car!

P.S - anyone who went on the banked track and didn't pay will need to PayPal me the money as in currently. £110 out of pocket :) cheers guys.

Looking forward seeing all the pics and feedback on the event :)

Pete

Couldn't understand that being too low thing :shrug: & whoever hasn't payed c'mon get it sorted!!!

Edited by Harrier

Pete did a great job today. It was a super day out and a as Harrier has said, good to catch up with some familiar faces. Some nice cars there too. Got my daily Mk3 on the banking. Some people left early and forgot about having to pay to park on the banking and poor Pete is now out of pocket. I hope they get the message they need to pay up soon.

Thanks for the comments guys :)

Was a great day and I'm still feeling it today!

Looking forward to something bigger and better next year, which more than likely will be somewhere other than brooklands :)

Get those photos up over on vr6oc.com :)

Had a good mooch around the merc place with chazrad, some amazing cars in there :)

Pete did a great job today. It was a super day out and a as Harrier has said, good to catch up with some familiar faces. Some nice cars there too. Got my daily Mk3 on the banking. Some people left early and forgot about having to pay to park on the banking and poor Pete is now out of pocket. I hope they get the message they need to pay up soon.

I missed the banking and didn't get my car on there. But I did originally say I was going to. So if I owe anything then Pete please pm me and I'll forward it.