Sign in to follow this  
VR6

Ebay buying question

Bit of a dilemma....

Couple of items that I am interested in from German Ebay.

However, I've emailed the sellers (in both English and roughly translated German) to ask if they will post to the UK, and have not heard anything from either of them.

So do I

a) Bid, win and have them leave negative feedback because they either won't communicate with me or aren't willing to post to the UK

b) Leave it

??

Tom, does it say in the auction they will post to the UK? I am surprised they won't return your emails. Most of the Germans I have met speak pretty good English, good enough to understand us.

Gavin

The same thing happened to me over the weekend with a set of wheels. I left it because you know that if you bid and then they don't want to post to the UK that you will get -ve feedback yourself.

They both state that they will post to Germany and Europe, but it's just the lack of contact that doesn't fill me with confidence.

I've just tried again so we will see what happens....

They both have good feedback though.

Anyone got anymore stories to share of buying items from Germany?

89Rallye near me has bought plenty of wheels and shocks from Germany. The couriers have been his problem not the German ebayer.

Gavin

Yeah I've ordered a few bits from Germany. We'll impressed with the E-bayers themselves......extra postage costs ontop of the stated price are a bit turnoff though!!! Also they don't seem to do Paypal at all :roll:

Tom, does it say in the auction they will post to the UK? I am surprised they won't return your emails. Most of the Germans I have met speak pretty good English, good enough to understand us.

You gotta remember tho most Germans hate us! :roll:

...Don't mention the war.... :lol:

i just bought wheels... he didnt reply to my origonal questions, but i risked it anyway. I went on his feedback rating.....how do your sellers score?

my seller was 100.....and turned out just fine.... see the value of the previous sales...if they are similar...then you will probably be ok. You can leave bad feedback on them too remember!

Hi, I have bought loads of items from German ebay ( mostly diecast models but some other stuff as well ) I have never had anything go missing and always found them to be polite and answer emails. There are a couple of downsides ~ the cost of postage is horrendous and hardly any of them accept Paypal. I have looked at hundreds of sets of smoked rear lights for my C and not one of the sellers accepts Paypal. Anyone else found this. Cheers.

a touch on the harsh side there munkay... :roll: :lol:

Yeah I've ordered a few bits from Germany.... Also they don't seem to do Paypal at all :roll:

They don't do paypal cos paypal don't do Euro accounts, so the poor germans would have to accept payments in $US or £GB and transfer it from their paypal account to their german bank *at great cost*. It's really not worth it for them.

Paypal has JUST launched it's new Euro service... expect quite a few more europeans te be jumping onto the Paypal system of paying... 8)

I didnt have any problems with buying my wheels from german ebay, i did contact the seller first thou, and i did get a reply, i paid him via a wire transfer, and it only cost me arround £50 to ship them to england

Well I bought the items in question.....

Just have to see how the communication goes now!

a touch on the harsh side there munkay... :roll: :lol:

You wouldn't have said that 60 years ago! LOL!

Tom, Thursday might be National "drink loads and eat Bratwursts night" for them. Not everybody is glued to their screens all day like us saddos :lol:

Hang in there..... sure the seller will come good.

One of them got back to me before the auction ended but the other one has failed to respond to 3 emails over the course of the last week.

Oh well, we'll see :)

At least if he doesn't get in contact, I can't lose the money!

I'm currently having problems with a german seller (BBSRIMS 76), said he would accept escrow on the auction, The escrow company have my money and have instructed him to post the goods but he has now e mailed me to say he wont accept the escrow and we must find another way! :mad: Any suggestions?