KIPVW

Chris Gaskell (RW1) Gathering at 1pm at Stanford Hall to Honour Him

Just a thought - does anyone have a photo of Chris they could post up? I think a fair few people may recognise the face from meeting Chris but not the name

Still find it a little difficult to believe he won't be there at Stanford (or any other number of shows) working away on detailing his Corrado or Scirocco.. so sad :(

Just logged on after trip away, such sad news. Hopefully his family can take some comfort from the enormous respect people have for him, even from people he never actually met.

RIP Chris.

I never met him but did speak to him on the forum a number of times when I was going through my oem phase.

A true gent as everyone says with immense knowledge of corrado's. He will definately be missed by this community.

That's so fantastic we've gotten to the £500 mark.. a really fitting tribute for Chris. Well done everyone who donated.

Hi All,

As many are going to be at Stanford Hall on the 5th May we thought it very appropriate to have a gathering in Chris's Honour at 1pm on the Club Stand.

We'll raise a glass of pop to the great man too.

Hi All,

As many are going to be at Stanford Hall on the 5th May we thought it very appropriate to have a gathering in Chris's Honour at 1pm on the Club Stand.

We'll raise a glass of pop to the great man too.

Seems very appropriate Kip.. Good thinking...

I have only just picked this information up, and want to add my appreciation of Chris (RW1) Gaskell. His responses were always measured, reliable and a pleasure to read. I never met him in person, but there was a definite rapport through the medium of this group of like-minded enthusiasts.

It sounds as though he was about the same age as me, which is cause for further reflection.

I will do my best to be there for the tribute on Sunday at Stanford Hall.

In respectful remembrance,

RB

I was reading EVO magazine the other day and thought I recognised a name….. Mr Gaskell advised the EVO writers on a Scirocco buying guide. It’s in issue 180, page 146.

I have never met Mr Gaskell but from reading the tributes here no doubt that he was a good man and a valuable member to the Corrado/Scirocco community.

My condolences.

:(

Very sad to hear about this - I've only just picked up as I missed the tribute as I was up the other end of the field at Stanford Hall on the Cars for Sale section. I've known Chris since the very first meeting of the Corrado Club, and possibly even before then through the (now defunct) Club Scirocco. Whilst we didn't always see eye to eye, I had a very deep respect for Chris, his knowledge and upgrades, particularly on the Rocco kept me busy in the late 90s.

I was actually thinking of him twice at Stanford Hall by chance as a) we had talked last year at Stanford about the possible upgrade for the family man moving on from Sciroccos (Mk1 & 2s) and Corrados, and both decided that the Mk3 wasn't it, I mentioned at the time I was thinking Audi A5 - he thought this would be a good alternative, and this year I was going to tell him that I think we were right as I had gone and bought one and it's just the ticket. We also talked at length about "not getting the old girls out for an airing", his famous Storm hadn't been out of the garage for nigh on a year, and he was actually thinking of selling. (Well, that was his story anyway, I don't for a minute think he would have sold it)

Then secondly on the day, just as I was doing my walkaround I noticed one of the Corrados on the stand had Chris' old VRS1X number plate, and I remember him telling me how he had to sell the plate as it was attracting too much attention from the local TWOCers.

So, late glass raised in your honour chap, I''ll donate to the fund in your memory, as the Vulcan is something I'm passionate about as well.

R.I.P Chris :( was a really nice guy , was one of the first people I ever met involving corrados at stanfordhall