markTTC

Lupo GTi front wiper conversion - See Page 23!!! for update

I heard somewhere (it may have been on the Vertox site) that the front wiper arms from a Lupo GTi are a direct replacement for the Corrado, and they get rid of the 'barely touching the windscreen effect' the standard wipers have. Anyone tried this yet, or is it an urban myth?

Cheers

Mark

2.0 16V

Mod Edit: See page 23 (!!!) for updated part no's etc. Supercharged

Tis possible indeed (with a bit of overhang).

Taken from someone on the Yahoo e-group that's tried it:

"Arms and blades, quick comparison...

I tried the arm bend trick and used bosch wiper blades before, always

smearing and leaving a huge patch infront of the driver over 60mph making it

hard to see... Might as well not have wiper blades.

Lupo wipers almost like its not raining. :) Really worth the dosh.

The guy behind the counter told me people are doing this sort of thing alot

with golfs/passats, he hadnt dealt with anyone with a C before.

P/Ns are.

6x2955409A ... Wiper Arm £16.50 +vat

6x2955410A ... Wiper Arm £16.50 +vat

6x2955425B ... Wiper Blade £8.43 +vat

6x2955425C ... Wiper Blade £8.43 +vat

You need all of the above parts as the wiper blades are actually different

sizes for each side of the car."

Another alternative is to fit washers/spacers on the wiper assembly to effectively force the wipers to exert more pressure on the screen.

Let us know how you get on!

Thanks for that mate :wink:

Off down the local parts stealer tonight then... :)

Cheers

Mark

2.0 16V (with working wipers soon hopefully)

I have a Hella Raintronic that works at treat (well when i get a new sensor for it as i had a new screen) that and the lupo arms and blades should be mint

do u have to modify anything else? like the lupo arms? or spindle?

if its a straight forward mod i might have to go ahead with the task

also theres no knocking of the wiper touching the edge of the windscreen is there?

also the people who have lupo wipers? do u think its definately worth it?

CHEERS :lol:

Apparently its a stright swap, but you need to get them spot in otherwise they do hit the a piller at high speed

Er.. I'd be really careful about printing up CCGB articles on here - I really doubt that they would appreciate it!

Apparently it works really well - haven't done the mod yet as I haven't had time to buy the parts. I will post pictures and detailed fitting info when I've done the mod.

Cheers

Mark

To compliment what Mark said...

I have read that the mod only takes 5 minutes to do, and apparently works amazingly. As in like real window wipers ;)

The only downer I can see is that they look quite weird - they seem to curve in a stange way? Dunno.. I hope to do the mod myself some time in the new year.. 50 odd quid seems like a good deal to get the awful wipes sorted out :)

Not 100% sure how good it will look with the passenger side wiper not seating properly, but will probably go for it anyway. I use Rain X anyway but thats only good at speed though..

julesz, Do you mean the passenger side does not seat properly as it is just now or with the Lupo kit.The passenger side on mine seems to skid across the windsreen just now particularly on the downward stroke.I wonder what the big difference with the Lupo wipers is. What makes them work so well.

I use Rain -x too and as you say it only really works at speed. :? :? 8)

The problem with the corrado wipers is the return spring on the wiper arm is not tensioned enough , so the wiper does'nt press onto the windscreen hence lifting at speed.

The lupo ones prob have alot stronger spring holding them down onto the windscreen and the wiper blades look to have some kind of tension as well , (looking at the pic i last posted) .

You can set the wiper to any position you like , the pass side one in the pic needs to come down slightly to look better .

Fitted mine at the weekend and they are superb! No smearing or just pushing the water about- they get rid of it completely. As the Sprinter article says, the only slight problem is that the passenger side wiper can't be lifted up fully (for cleaning the windscreen etc) because the bonnet is in the way. However, it can be lifted up enough to get a sponge underneath so it isn't a big deal.

Only took 5 mins to fit them. You have to get the driver's arm just right to stop it hitting the pillar, but they're really easy to adjust.

All in all it's well worth doing - I can actually see now when I'm driving at night in the pouring rain!

Andy

Heres a photo of them on my G60 8)

PS Great mod work like a dream

Sandy G60

Where? Would be interested to see. Been checking out Lupo's and thought they might look a bit odd! :?

The first picture provides a pretty good view of em.. they look slightly more subtle than the old Corrado ones. But they also suit the car without a doubt.

Definately one on the planned mods list :D

hasent anyone tried the dremmel approach/ un bolt your wiper arms and where the spring attaches to the lower section of the arm youll see two pieces of castings like two little lobes, these bottom out when the arm is touching your windshield if you take the arm off and bend it up youll see what i mean there will be a mark on the underside where they touch thus not allowing your wipers to get full pressure against the windscreen.Use a dremmel or a small file and take away about 3mm of the lobes , then replace back on car,takes about 5 mins each side but youll have wipers that work, instead of skimming the glass they actually wipe it clear.done a few raddos with this mod and NO complaints

Already done on my car and still pants. :(