markTTC

Lupo GTi front wiper conversion - See Page 23!!! for update

soory to here that m8 mine and afew of the lads have done this and its worked very well .,My wipers actually stick to the glass if there is not enough rain.

180k miles and the wiper arms may be a little tired. Poor things.

yeah could be mines only done 78k and mostly summer driving,by the way what rear clusters are you using they look sweet

Well, you liked the look of them. And its easy to do!

So yes, they're a good investment!

Straying off-topic here though......

Erm, yeah, wipers. They like wipe water 'n' stuff... :D

Er.. I'd be really careful about printing up CCGB articles on here - I really doubt that they would appreciate it!

I'll let it ride for the moment, but they are © and you should really ask permission before reprinting them... 8)

Main thing is that these technical articles in The Sprinter are for members of the club, if you wan'em, join up - only £15 for the year....

Cheers Jeremy..

You dont need to tell me.. already made my membership fee back this year thanks to VW giving me parts club discount on an exhaust backbox :)

CCGB membership is definately worth the £15!

Hi

Have just done this Mod and Woooow :lol: it is well worth the money and only takes about 5mins, clears the screen first time no juddering or skipping of the blades any more.

Nigwell :D

OK guys, saw these on endor71's tidy motor last sunday and they do look good. So just been talking to my stealer and he reckons they suffer from lift off at speed on the Lupo :shock: According to him thats about 50mph upwards which ain't gonna impress me on the c coz it only goes slower than that in town; tho' to be fair to him he doesn't know anyone who's done the mod yet. So before I part with any cash thought I'd ask whether the c suffers from this problem, or are they the biz?

They seem fine but not been tested in rain yet (never rains when you want it to) :)

Work good with window wash and seems not to lift or skid about the screen.

Will do a closer up photo later today 8)

The Lupo Screen is at a different angle to the Corrado's so the problem may be not as bad.

The Lupo Screen is at a different angle to the lupos so the problem may be not as bad.
you mean the corrado screen is at a different angle to the lupo

The Lupo Screen is at a different angle to the lupos so the problem may be not as bad.
you mean the corrado screen is at a different angle to the lupo

Thats what i said...... okay i changed it, I must of been in shock still with my insurance company LOL

watford16vc, Has anybody tried this mod yet,just like to know if it works :?: :?: 8)

I'm sure Sandy will be at the RR day and you can have a look

Sandy I assume your going?

l8trs

Just seen a post on the Yahoo group, apparently the wipers work great with no lift even at 100mph. Also, if you buy 2 drivers side arms instead of a driver and passenger side then both fit perfect without catching the bonnet or edge of the screen.

No lift then - great. But the pass side is longer than drivers, so wonder how much that would reduce the swept area by - would it still be mot legal? Anyway am off to the stealers tonight & will check it out then.

so wonder how much that would reduce the swept area by

I'd like to know exactly, since I need the make sure the passenger side will wipe the rain sensor... if its too small and misses it - I'll have to live with the bigger passenger side one with it up at an angle.

Take your drivers one off and fit the it to the passenger side to check

Erm, I'd need a Lupo GTI wiper first, though, m8.

Take your drivers one off and fit the it to the passenger side to check

Erm, I'd need a Lupo GTI wiper first, though, m8.

Arh Just buy the drivers one and try it out for now then!! :D

Yeah, was probably gonna do that in the end, actually... I'm just lazy and wanted to see if someone else would find out for me ;)

I'll order a drivers-side tomorrow and pick it up next week when I get back from the Mrs.

Andi, Don`t know if you have tried it yet or have you been too busy :lol: :lol:

I have bought and fitted them today as the guys say only took five minutes unbolt the old ones bolt up the new ones --- job done :lol:

I bought the two drivers side arms and blades

part numbers: 6x2955410A(wiper arms)

6x2955425B(wiper blades)

The question about how far it wipes is difficult to explain,at the top of the sweep top of screen there is a 4cm space between top of the blade and the top of the screen (this would appear to be the same as standard) I think that would be OK for your rain sensor if it is fitted up next to the rear view mirror. 8)

When the wipers are at the diagonal point facing the top corner of the passenger side of screen-there is 10" between the top of the blade and the top right corner of the screen.Ithink this is more or less the same as standard.

The main thing is they work perfectly every time. :lol: :lol: