markTTC

Lupo GTi front wiper conversion - See Page 23!!! for update

okay ordered my Arms and Blades on Monday, arrived today wednesday, and to top it off, I haven't even paid for them, the computer was down at the dealers and they could not make me an invoice, (got to get some other bits tomorow) so i am paying for them then. i nearly dropped dead when they said i could take them.

Hello,

Just discovered that Lupo GTi wiper blades (p/n 6x2955425c and 6x2955425b) have been discontinued.

VW seem to think that we will now stump up £68 for two new wiper arms, plus fitting. Total cost something in the region of £90 for replacement of front wipers!

***sarcasm mode on*** Can we have our parts please? They are morally ours ***sarcasm off***

Hello,

Just discovered that Lupo GTi wiper blades (p/n 6x2955425c and 6x2955425b) have been discontinued.

VW seem to think that we will now stump up £68 for two new wiper arms, plus fitting. Total cost something in the region of £90 for replacement of front wipers!

***sarcasm mode on*** Can we have our parts please? They are morally ours ***sarcasm off***

Well that explains why I got one old part number blade and one new part number blade.

Basically the blades are still the same, but have new part numbers, and you order the adapter to fit the arm to the blade to match the new blades. from what i have assumed.

The new part number is no where near close to the other one, I'll list the new numbers later, HOWEVER MINE ARE LHD versions. I ordered the parts as listed on this thread BTW.

Oh yeah and i paid a total of €135 for the blades, arms, adapter bits, rotor arm, dizzy cap, and two screw covers. thats about £90 so maybe i should order all these RHD Blades and send them to you lot, :LOL:

Has anyone who reported no fouling problems with Lupo arms and blades fitted them to a VR?

I got two drivers arms and BOTH can't be raised without catching on the bonnet!

:?

Ray, mine fit just fine. How low have you set them?

Nigel, the later blades fit straight on without any adaptors - but you can now change the rubber without having to buy an entire new blade.

Still waiting for my blades and arms to arrive... 9 weeks and counting! :shock: :mad:

Still waiting for my blades and arms to arrive... 9 weeks and counting! :shock: :mad:

9 weeks! Something ain't right there. I just walked into my dealer and walked out with the blades, and had to wait till the following morning for the arms. Mind you, that was in March though :shock:

I've noticed BMW now use the same arms and blades aswell.

Kev

Western VW in Edinburgh had one arm and both blades in stock and had the second arm for me the following day!! - and I got 10% doiscount for CCGB membership.

I will have to experiment with the fitment as it looks as though I have them sitting to low at the park position.

Should sit like this:

Picture shows 2 driver's side blades(since fitted a passenger side blade on the driver's side) but they are in about the right place.

Use 2 driver's side arms with the blades swapped over (passenger blade on driver's side etc) and it will sit properly.

That's exactly the setup that I've got. Works great & well worth the £40 (genuine VW) that I paid for the whole lot... :lol:

Flipping Corkills IOM can't seem able to get hold of any of the parts! grrr!

Don't suppose anyone knows of a dealer close to them that has some parts in stock?

Flipping Corkills IOM can't seem able to get hold of any of the parts! grrr!

Don't suppose anyone knows of a dealer close to them that has some parts in stock?

I will be back home in Edinburgh on Thu so will pop along to western vw probably on friday and see if I can get you what you want - could you list exactly what you require?

so can anyone confirm what size blades you need? Is it 21" and a 19"?

If you use the part numbers from this thread (mentioned plenty of times), you should be able to identify the size of the blades.

*** Lupo Wiper Update ***

Ordered my wipers on Tuesday, they arrived today. As mentioned previously the part numbers listed in this thread have been superceded.

New part numbers as follows:

V6X2 998 406 This is the drivers side arm which now comes with a blade ready fitted.

I got 2 of these and both fit the car perfect, no fouling of the bonnet.

I also got

V6X2 955 425 C This is the passenger wiper blade for the Lupo gti, I have used this on the drivers side of my C and it gives a slightly better fit than the blade that comes with the arm. Basically, instead of wiping right to the very top of the glass so its very close to the roof it drops the blade down about an inch. Its not really neccesary though.

All the above came to £53.22 and took me about 10 minutes to fit. It also leaves me with a spare blade for when the passenger side needs replacing.

Well, I finally got a phone call today to let me know that my blades and arms are now in stock and waiting for me... I've lost count of how many weeks I've been waiting for them :shock: :?

What's the betting they're wrong when I get them tomorrow?!? :roll: :lol:

*** Another Lupo Wiper Update ***

The passenger side wiper blade listed above has now been superceded, looks like I got one of the last ones.

The new part number is V1J2 955 425 A Its called GA5A04 WIPERBLADE on the receipt.

I can confirm that its the exact same size as the older part number as I have both at the moment, its just where it attaches to the arm it looks a bit neater.

So, parts required are:

V6X2 998 406 x2 Drivers side arm with blade.

V1J2 955 425 A Passenger side blade (To go on the Corrado driver side).

I have done the mod but have x2 drivers arms with Drivers blade on drivers side and pass blade on the pass side.

Drivers blade didn't wipe perfectly when used on the pass side.

These part numbers seem to have changed on an almost weekly basis.. Is there any hope of getting a definitive "these are the part numbers" statement?!! :shock:

VW should make their minds up!! :(

And I suppose the other question is will the superceded blades fit on the older arms?!

I'm getting a little fed up with VW, everytime I ring them for a part it's either obsolete or superceded with something that may or may not be the same, grrr!

Kev

And I suppose the other question is will the superceded blades fit on the older arms?!

They all fit fine on my car, thats with the newer arms and one of the superceded blades and one of the original part number blades, they just look slightly different where they attach to the arm.