Sign in to follow this  
PhatVR6

the scuttle area, questions

i have a good idea kev o king of the small mod!! :lol: why dont you buy both and tell us all which one fits best :wink:

Haywire Engineering to start producing scuttle covers :lol: (to add to the already impressive list of A/F meters, lupo rear wipers, brake lights in the tailgate trim.....)

:-) :-) :-)

Idea - fettle the Golf 2 one to fit and use that as a template for carbon fibre jobbies...

Idea - fettle the Golf 2 one to fit and use that as a template for carbon fibre jobbies...

which would no doubt cost double the cost if not more! id personally just stick with the plastic one if it works.

bugger just realised im not at inters at all now!! got my dates mixed up and im at a wedding in wales!!! oh well, a fun drive in the C willl part make up for it i hope

That's not a bad idea!

I'll buy one of them, but not both!

If I get the LHD one, who wants to get the RHD one? Or is worth waiting until inters to see if any are there? i.e. borrow one for 10 mins!

K

That's not a bad idea!

I'll buy one of them, but not both!

If I get the LHD one, who wants to get the RHD one? Or is worth waiting until inters to see if any are there? i.e. borrow one for 10 mins!

K

Buy two and join them in the middle!

Looks like the LHD one is the one to go with then

why? that looks like a RHD to me?

You're not after the 'Oichan' look then?

You're not after the 'Oichan' look then?

i dont really understand how his is different.... but then again it is home time at the end of a long day.

i need to see it to understand i guess.

Kev, did you manage to catch a look at Guy Hartley's carbon fibre scuttle cover at Inters - I've seen one photo from the side - was it cut out round the wiper motor? Any good?

He said it was a bit of a bitch to fit though. Lots of self tapping screws - which means extra holes! I was looking at them on the all smiles stand and wasn't all that impressed with them as they were just flat bits of carbon fibre. No real provision to fit them to any original mounting points