mr lobitos

cobra alarm probelm

i knew this day would come, have a cobra full closure alarm fitted and passat handles, look nice but big probelms if they alarm goes wrong

anyway, came to open doors today, nothing happened so changed battery in fob, hoping it was a quick fix, tried again and thankfully the boot opened, tried to close the doors with the fob but nothing happened just a whirring from behind the drivers rear panelwhich lasts for about 30 seconds then stops, the boot is locking and opening fine

question is do i have an alarm fault or is there a central locking fault on the car, thanks for looking,cheers

The orange coloured vac line that operates the central locking vacuum has a t connection up near where the grommits come out of the door into the car. There's also the line in the boot, right hand side of boot behind the carpet in a small box which is the main pump. If you hear air whooshing then its a vac leak I'd say mate.

Have you been doing anything with the car / wires etc that might have caused the t connection to pop out?

thanks rams, peeled back the carpet in boot and found that the black plunger had been forced out of the pump, can't seem to work out how it stays in place, do I need a new pump, cheers

Sorry to high jack this thread but thought I would link up to save starting another . I have a cobra full closure as well , my problem is I press the fob to unlock and 9 times out of 10 it will lock itself up again , i normaly have to unlock it twice to get in , any advice welcome . Thanks Rob

I didn't know the central locking pump looked like that?? Thought it was a rectangular black box with pipes coming from it? Someone correct me of I'm wrong but isn't that the central locking for the petrol cap?

I didn't know the central locking pump looked like that?? Thought it was a rectangular black box with pipes coming from it? Someone correct me of I'm wrong but isn't that the central locking for the petrol cap?

Yep. That's the central locking actuator for the petrol cap. It may be that when it's done what that one has done, then air is continuously being forced through that gap.

Argh that explains it. Yes thought it was different.that will be leaking air causing the pump not to have enough air to unlock the doors.

ok, can that be fixed or do i need to change it, please help as my car is sitting outside unlocked, cheers

Not entirely sure but have you tried looking at it and seeing how it works, can you try and twist it back in or push it back together whilst someone blips the fob and piece it together? It would also be worth asking who's got one anyway and that way your bound to fix it. Can see it being much at all.

The rod should move once the vac is triggered, just a thought occurred, could you not plug the line to bypass the petrol cap lock to at least get your car secure?

Out of interest what door is it in ? They are both the same,about £35 from the dealers IIRC ! The rod does come out,as Rams says,I believe you have to push and twist it in

e3u2avuq.jpg

problem solved, pipe had come off behind the drivers door card, lesson learnt look for the simple fix first, thanks for all the input, cheers