Dox

G60 to 5 stud hubs

I've agreed to buy Hennys G60 rolling shell minus the wheels, I have 5 sets of 5 x 100 wheels and would prefer to swap and change as and when needed so I'd like to go 5 stud.

Can I just obtain a pair of drive flanges and press them in or do I need Corrado VR6 (MK3 golf gti?) hubs complete?

The car is an early H plate with narrow body

I've used search facillity, looked in wiki etc but can't find an answer

Hennys old build thread

http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?12211-Henny-s-G60

I stripped a 4 and a 5 stud hub the other day, they measured the same so the 5 studhub will fit into the g60 bearing. The difference I could see was the spline for the CV.

If the spline on a g60 driveshaft is the same as a VR driveshaft then I dont see the need for swapping the whole lot.

The disc will have a different offset but many people re-drill discs for the right stud pattern

There may be something I'm missing so someone may correct me.

For the rears its just a case of changing the rear discs for 5 stud

I stripped a 4 and a 5 stud hub the other day, they measured the same so the 5 studhub will fit into the g60 bearing. The difference I could see was the spline for the CV.

If the spline on a g60 driveshaft is the same as a VR driveshaft then I dont see the need for swapping the whole lot.

The disc will have a different offset but many people re-drill discs for the right stud pattern

There may be something I'm missing so someone may correct me.

For the rears its just a case of changing the rear discs for 5 stud

I've got 312s for the front brakes, the car is to be built on a very tight budget using parts I already have for the most part.

Thanks for the reply

Dox have a look at stoney's build thread (my car now) it was a G60 but i have 5stud his thread may shed some light you might be better looking at baron's thread as he has a link to stoney's.

Dox have a look at stoney's build thread (my car now) it was a G60 but i have 5stud his thread may shed some light you might be better looking at baron's thread as he has a link to stoney's.

http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?24656-G60SC_Stoneys-C!-Nearly-there!/page23

It took me a while to find stoneys thread, but it appears he fitted 5 x 100 flanges to g60 hubs?

Thanks all for the replys :)