VR6Pete

Drivers door window rubber

u7uja9yz.jpg

Not sure if anyone has had a screw driver or its just rusting up from the inside, but it looks naff!

Is this something that can be replaced? And if so, how on earth can you do it?

If I was to get one second hand ( presume that's the only option these days ) do they come off ok and un damaged?

Cheers.

Pete

Yeah they're a common rust spot - they go really badly there...

New seals are about £120 if you can still get them but really it's the door that needs treating!

Don't like the sound of that lol. Can I easily remove to check condition of the door?

Fairly sure it just peels off, you'll need to carefully remove the bottom rubber first, very carefully though as its easily bent.

Only saying fairly sure as I've only done the procedure in reverse, I bought a door to resolve the very issue you have. It came in the correct colour but missing the rubber, which I bought off someone and it went on no problem........must've been easy if I did it :lol:

Not got round to swapping doors over yet though :)

There's a very small black plastic plug that holds the bottom inner part of trim on. The main body of trim is held on with 5mm double sided tape. Peel the old one off ( the old tape will be well and truly stuck by now ). Clean up the rust and surrounding paintwork and re-install using double sided. Done this a couple of times to different Corrados and afterwords you wouldn't tell.

But yes you're right. Most people think it's had a dalliance with a screwdriver wielding urchin at some point in its life.

Interesting info guys.... thanks. I was wondering about this as i'm going to be replacing my driverside window surround and it's started to split.

Edited by VR-Sixy

The metal frame the seal fits onto may be rusted through on yours Pete. It's part of the door structure unfortunately. New door or chop that bit off a good door and weld it onto yours.

Think ill defer that job until the big bodywork stuff happens next winter, the list is growing :)

The metal frame the seal fits onto may be rusted through on yours Pete. It's part of the door structure unfortunately. New door or chop that bit off a good door and weld it onto yours.
I'm guessing this means i won't be able to do what i had planned to do.........