Guest sam1990rhodes

20vt Cooling - 1.8 16v 89' Rado.

Guest sam1990rhodes

Morning,

Can anyone share any knowledge on what radiator is best to put in a 20vt corrado swap. Ive done a lot of searching and have came up with suggesions of the G60 radiator, However have also seen the VR6 radiator mentioned for better cooling, others have stated the 1.8 16v fits perfectly.

Can anyone advise what theyve found most suitable.

Sam.

Used a golf rallye one in mine, which is same size as the VR6 AFAIK. Have seen people use G60 & 16V to. Keep in mind with the bigger rad you have extra space for an extra fan.

Guest sam1990rhodes

ok cool, do you know what the clearance is like behind/infront of the rad, my only convern with the vr6 rad is it either being too big/close to engine or FMIC.

I've used a VR6 Rad and a couple of 10" fans on my 1.8T

Photo 26-04-2013 21 28 00.jpg

Fit's in fine, there's plenty of space behind the radiator if you were using standard VR6 fans too..

Photo 27-04-2013 14 00 10.jpg

Simon

Guest sam1990rhodes

Thanks simon you've been a great help. One other question on conversion engine space. The qpeng guide mentions a 't piece' for the oil pressure? Is this male fenale female? Or all male etc?

Sam

Thanks simon you've been a great help. One other question on conversion engine space. The qpeng guide mentions a 't piece' for the oil pressure? Is this male fenale female? Or all male etc?

Sam

Sorry mate, don't know much about the qpeng stuff, I've used the mk4 loom.

Simon

The qpeng guide mentions a 't piece' for the oil pressure? Is this male fenale female? Or all male etc?

Sam

The 1.8t only has one oil pressure sensor but the Corrado dash needs two, you can fit the second 2 ways depending on if you also want the oil temp sensor

1- if you dont want oil temp sensor you can remove the cap head bolt in the top of the oil filter housing and fit the second pressure sensor in there

2- if you want oil temp sensor you will also need to buy one of these

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LUPO-POLO-GOLF-GTI-TURBO-CORRADO-VR6-G60-16V-OIL-PRESSURE-GAUGE-ADAPTOR-MLR-IE-/121106087518?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&fits=Model%3ACorrado&hash=item1c327c3e5e

I beleive this is the T peice they are talking about

Edited by rado20vT