MurdoMac

Blackberry VR6 - All mine now.

At last I got my hands on a VR6 only been looking for 6 months and managed to get this very nice example which i'm sure a lot of people are familiar with. So I thought I should start a build thread although i'm not planning a great deal over the summer months as I want to use her plus she is already pretty sorted.

Pics - On her way to me -

car_zpsfa33c8de.jpg

In the garage -

DSCF6745_zps1a679d53.jpg

My first changes - nice new gear knob and gaiter (LED), cream one needs a refurb and one of Daves brushed steel gear surrounds to add some bling.

DSCF6753_zps3ee2c932.jpg

She is no longher C488ADO and has reverted to her origial number and I am still waiting to really get her out and about due to various paperwork issues but am so far enjoying my Corrado ownership.

Edited by MurdoMac

Congrats on getting a vr , yes i know this car , i helped out when it was converted to manual and the interior repaint to the leather and plastics , back when she was down south .Enjoy .

Welcome, those Blackberrys look incredible in sunlight! Especially with the beige interior. Great wheels and plate too!..though, not too sure about the American style side repeaters!

Edited by Billzeebub

Great wheels and plate too!

do you wanna buy the plate?? its back with me and will be up for sale very soon.

and i hope you like my old car more then what Gary did!!!

do you wanna buy the plate?? its back with me and will be up for sale very soon.

Thanks for the offer, though think I will be going for a DVLA £250 special!..

Well after driving around in Transits for the last 10 years she will take a little getting used to :)

Looking great mate enjoy!! I don't think Gary disliked your car mate i think he is alot more shrewd and visionary than that smart guy he seen an opportunity :salute:

What sort of price are you thinking of for the plate Karl?

Ian.

Small update, have had this scuttle cover since before I actually bought the car ... so decided to fit it today. The bonnet window washers had been moved to the old scuttle panel so I have relocated them again to the wipers themselves.

DSCF6796_zpsc9129097.jpg

The panel itself is easy to fit albeit not a perfect fit, the 'dome' over the wiper motor is hard up against the motor which causes the whole thing to sit very slightly to high and the other end didn't want to line up with the engine side rubber very well but a bit of to-ing and fro-ing it seems to fit better.

Edited by MurdoMac

Congratulations on your purchase. Blackberry really is a beautiful colour! Hope you enjoy Corrado ownership :)

New additions over the weekend, I've always liked the look of these on the blackberry I think they suit the car and make the back end look clean and smart.

DSCF6828-Copy-Copy_zps096ea79d.jpg

DSCF6827_zpsd3e09a4b.jpg

So spent the afternoon insalling a sub ... it's a perfect fit, leaving the boot still useable and sounds great, really improves the sound quality, all in all a very nice little unit .. chuffed.

speakerDSCF6912_zpse1e91bc9.jpg

that sub is tidy looking, what make is it?

That's a Kenwood KSC-SW01 powered enclosed subwoofer, it's a plug 'n' play underseat model although it wouldn't go under my seats.

Very nice looking Corrado, and even though I am normally not a fan of bigger stereo's than original in cars, I must say, that your mini sub looks great and will not harm the cars look. Great addition. Maybe I should think of one, and build it into the original emergency box behind ;)

Cheers,

Redfox.

---------- Post added at 11:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:30 PM ----------

Very nice looking Corrado, and even though I am normally not a fan of bigger stereo's than original in cars, I must say, that your mini sub looks great and will not harm the cars look. Great addition. Maybe I should think of one, and build it into the original emergency box behind ;)

Cheers,

Redfox.

Nice ride! Boy has she changed...

what happened to the swg colour coded scuttle?

it used to have a storm si gle wiper conversion with washer jets built onto the arm ..