Sign in to follow this  
Jez

Me Storm...

Yep, after owning it for about 9 months Ive finally got off my arse to take some pictures of my car to share with you good people. Minty!

Don't plan on going mad with it though, so far Ive replaced the alarm with a cat 1 laserline, put Koni shocks and H&R springs on, got clear side repeaters and a turn 2 induction kit. Subtlety is the way to go with this one.

Things I plan on doing are s/s exhaust (a quiet one mind), colour code the VW on the grill and try and source a guage panel for the dash, oh yeah and clean the engine bay up a wee bit too so its as clean as the rest of the car!

Very nice :)

The mystic blue comes across as very dark in the pictures - does it go more purpley in the sunlight? (never actually seen the colour in the flesh).

Yeah, the pics were taken in the late evening so not much sun about. But on a sunny day its very bright purple! Thebest time is when the sun is setting but still quite bright. Ill try and take some in better light and when waxed!

Nice car Jez. I prefer the Mystic Blue to be honest and they seem to be much rarer than the green ones.

With regards to your suspension. which height level are the koni shocks set to at the rear?

Lovely looking car. Looks mint in the pictures. What mileage is on it?

Nice mk1 in the 3rd pic as well btw...

Colour coded grill makes such a difference to the front end, I dunno why they didn't do it on all C's.

Looks very clean Jez, could I ask where you got your clear side repeaters from?

Cheers,

Jez, Very clean looking car mate,wish mine looked as good :)

Early days though lots of cleaning and polishing to be done :)

Jedi- suspension on the back is set on the middle ring and the induction kit to be honest doesn't make much diffrence from a driving aspect only a bit more responsive low down hardly noticeable really but it looks evil in your engine bay and the noise it makes rocks! The hugh stainless pipe makes a jet engine like noise when you nail it!

Oh and the side repeaters were from Gwent VW, I had to modify them a bit to get them on though.

Here be a picture sui la bonnet, bit dirty but not for long...no bling mind.

That is one nice looking storm, 8) I know what you mean about mystic blue going purpley, especially in bright sunlight it looks bloody lovely :-P What mileage is on it BTW?

Colour coded grill makes such a difference to the front end, I dunno why they didn't do it on all C's.

Leavon It was a standard feature on both the green and blue storms, agreed that it makes a difference, it does look better than the standard black I think :)

Its just passed 90,000 miles. You wouldn't know it to look at it though, karmann's build qulity rocks! Plus I spent 4hrs cleaning/feeding the seats this weekend so they look feel and smell nice again.

damn it's nice! The top of the Foodchain of Corrado's. :twisted:

Mine is little older, 5-'95 :)

Any interior pics?

Yeah, stay tuned Ivbe got to take some pics when its sunny and waxed as well!