G60MAT

Trimsport Relaunch Announcement

Dear all, I'm delighted to announce that Trimsport is now under new management will relaunch Summer 2013.

The company will continue to offer CNC Aluminium Billet Parts & OEM Quality Badges but will also bring new products to market including Marine Grade Carbon Fibre. Initial products will be for VW Golf Mk1, Golf Mk2, Scirocco & Corrado with more to follow...

Please bear with us, it’s very early days, we are currently sorting through all the old stock, looking at the manufacturing processes and building an online presence including an online store.

For those that don’t know the company, here’s a little background:

Trimsport was founded in Somerset in 1996 by Maurice Litherland a precision engineer by trade, he made the first alloy golfball gearknob on his machine for the Trimsport Mk1 Golf GTI. Whilst at GTI International several people asked about the gearknob and quickly numbers rose for this and eventually he took drawings and had them mass produced, this gave way to the idea of producing billit aluminium trick accessories,

Maurice was a perfectionist for engineering and hated the idea of 'grub screws' poor mans engineering, so developed many products over time and Trimsport's reputation quickly grew and was successful until Maurice's death in 2009.

"I hope people give Matt (and his team) the same respect and encouragement me and my father had and I am confident that Matt will take Trimsport to the next level and continue with its success. Thank you everyone for their support over the years" Lance Litherland - May 2013.

Lots more info to follow but keep in touch with us via the following:

http://www.facebook.com/TrimsportUK/

http://trimsport.bigcartel.com/

http://instagram.com/trimsport

http://twitter.com/trimsport

Contact Info

[email protected]

http://www.trimsport.co.uk

Regards, Matt.

This is excellent news! I look forward to seeing what products you guys produce to help keep our cars on the road over the coming years!

Have you acquired the company Matt? If so, I think with a Corrado enthusiast at the helm there is no reason why it should not do well certainly on this forum, and very best wishes for the business venture.

Have you acquired the company Matt? If so, I think with a Corrado enthusiast at the helm there is no reason why it should not do well certainly on this forum, and very best wishes for the business venture.

Yes I have, i've bought all the old stock, the CNC programmes, contacts and website etc etc

---------- Post added at 5:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 5:48 PM ----------

This is excellent news! I look forward to seeing what products you guys produce to help keep our cars on the road over the coming years!

Thanks Jim, much appreciated! Lots to sort but Corrado is a key car for us! :)

Good luck with your new business venture Matt, look forward to updates on new and remanufactured Corrado parts.

Ian.

Edited by GlosterOx

Best of luck mate hope it all works out for you and I can't wait to see what you have to offer

Thanks for all the comments guys, much appreciated, there's plenty to do, but hated to see something with such great potential go to waste, so when the opportunity came up decided it was time to get involved and sort.

In simple terms anything that can be machined is pretty simple to get made up and we can manufacture everything Trimsport ever sold except the strut braces at present - Looking at something new for these. We have limited stock on badges at present and will be looking at what we want to produce in future. (yes we know Corrado badges are wanted!) and will be looking a few others, but this will take a while so bear with us! :)

except the strut braces at present

Boooooooooo! :lol:

Boooooooooo! :lol:

Don't worry we have all the specs, just looking at changing manufacturer! :)

Fantastic news... good luck with the venture Matt, hope it all works out well for you! 8)

Great news Matt wish you all the very best, although from v sad circumstances. I used to visit Maurice regularly buying bits for various mk1 & 2's that I've owned and of course talking VW's, He was 1. a gentlemen and 2. an engineering perfectionist

Dont forget the G40 too for badges. Its a fairly limited market over here but there are loads of them in portugal for a start. We have a few members from the continent on Club G40 who I'm sure would spread the word if you started doing badges for them.

Dont forget the G40 too for badges. Its a fairly limited market over here but there are loads of them in portugal for a start. We have a few members from the continent on Club G40 who I'm sure would spread the word if you started doing badges for them.

Thanks guys, we will of course be looking at new products, so once more sorted I post up a request for new ideas... :)

New branding went live today, will have announcement on pricing and availability next week! :)

TrimsportLogov7_zps08d4c6ce.png

Ok guys, the NOS (new old stock) sale will start on Wednesday 19th June - 7 weeks after we bought the company. Please bare with us as not all items will be available on day one, however we expect to be adding items (old and brand new) pretty quickly over the next few weeks! Updates will be on facebook and the web page! :)