corradophil

Official "the Corrado Forum" Essex meet

Further to discussions with Andi, I am pleased to confirm we now have a monthly meet in Essex.

This meet is already established with a good bunch of enthusiasts meeting regularly on the 2nd Monday evening of every month.

The location is a very good country pub called The Old Windmill, South Hanningfield. The food is awesome and the carpark large - perfect for a car meet. More details can be found here http://www.brunningandprice.co.uk/oldwindmill/

We have a facebook page which is located here https://www.facebook.com/EssexGTI, please feel free to take a look.

Our meet is called Essex GTI, because it started out as a Golf GTI meet, but we welcome any interesting cars, particularly Volkswagen's best derivative of the Golf GTI, the Corrado.

Between us, we have a very good technical knowledge of watercooled VWs, and have probably experienced most problems you are ever likely to come across.

The next meet is Monday 13th May from around 7.30pm. I hope to see a few of you there :)

To whet your appetite here are a couple of photos from a previous meet.

P1010941.jpg

P1010930.jpg

Three of our members Corrados at a recent dyno day :)

48038_131730983685743_940915344_n.jpg

Edited by corradophil

Hi all,

Here's a video to go with the dyno day that Phil mentioned above:

Essex Corrado action!

(thanks to whoever made the Corrado font!)

Extra to our monthly meet, several of us also attend:

the main VAG shows & local shows (including convoys to the events)

track days & the occasional sprint

RWYB drag events

dyno days (as shown above)

motorsport as spectators e.g. VAG Trophy, Rallycross, Top Fuel dragsters, Truck racing

Should some of the above appeal, we'll see you at one of our meets! :grin:

That used to be my local-ish, used to walk along that dark winding road on Friday nights back to Wickford for a kebab at abi's

I'll be there, but due to a seized brake calliper, the Corrado will have to stay at home :(

Anyone else up for this?

December Essex meet on Monday 9th.

Everyone is welcome - Pop in for half an hour or stay all evening whatever suits you :)

I'd love to come down for this but it's just a bit far. When the nights are a bit lighter it'll be a nice drive so I'll come then.

Was thinking that myself looking at your previous meet pics. I'll definitely come in the new year when I can have a nice evening drive. Look forward to it.

Looking forward to meeting you. The food is really good :)

We have people coming for as far as Middlesex and Hertfordshire.

Gutted, can't do tonight. Is this a monthly meet or just as and when you fancy getting together?