fla

Forum Group-Buy:VR Stainless tank straps

Payment sent a couple of minutes ago.

Cheers

Rick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Totally forgot about this, sorry. Probably won't get round to fitting or anything for a long time so i al happy for anyone to take my spot

Thanks and noted. Moved you to the bottom! But shouldn't mean too long a wait.

---------- Post added at 7:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 7:33 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 7:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 7:34 PM ----------

Payment sent a couple of minutes ago.

Cheers

Rick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Tyhanks Rick, list updated.

If anyone has paid and I have not marked them as so, please let me know.

Hi Fla

Received my 2 sets of tank straps today and they are the wrong ones look like they are for a 50 litre tank picture below new ones top picture old ones bottom

20130724_164731_zps44b4d2af.jpg

What should i do? Obviously some kind of mix up as i definitely ordered 70 litre ones

Jon

thanks for letting me know, i'll check with the manufacturer and get it sorted. Sincerest apologies!

thanks for letting me know, i'll check with the manufacturer and get it sorted. Sincerest apologies!

No worries let me know what we should do with the wrong straps when you know whats going on

Cheers

Jon

I also thought they looked a bit on the small side when mine arrived today. Mind you they might be the right length now I look at them again, are we supposed to put our own bends into them when fitting?

I also thought they looked a bit on the small side when mine arrived today. Mind you they might be the right length now I look at them again, are we supposed to put our own bends into them when fitting?

When looking at Fla's pics on the first page his came in a long box and the correct length and bends. If you put your own bends in theres going to be creases through the metal i know they are under the car out of sight but i want them to be right

Not had mine, but looking at the pics it does look like they could be the right length, just bent in the wrong place. How do they measure in the length of each one compared to the originals? Especially as the shape of the straps as the are, the tank would look to scrape on the ground at that depth :confused4:

When looking at Fla's pics on the first page his came in a long box and the correct length and bends. If you put your own bends in theres going to be creases through the metal i know they are under the car out of sight but i want them to be right

Makes perfect sense to me.

Looking at that pic they do look like they are the correct length (could be wrong) the only bends in them are at the ends the two in the middle of the strap are so shallow if you bolt one end of the strap to the car the strap should be easily formable round the shape of the tank and you will not crease the metal. :) (I'm a sheetmetal worker).

Looking at that pic they do look like they are the correct length (could be wrong) the only bends in them are at the ends the two in the middle of the strap are so shallow if you bolt one end of the strap to the car the strap should be easily formable round the shape of the tank and you will not crease the metal. :) (I'm a sheetmetal worker).

Sounds feasible maybe it was done to save on packaging, if so im sorry to cause alarm

I can see why you would be surprised but they should be easy to shape round the tank.

Well ive measured them and they are the right length 2 are the same length and 1 is a different one which matches the old straps :o So they just need bending into shape. As said above sorry for the false alarm

Just followed this up and as you all deduced the straps are actually correct just 'folded' to fit in the packaging. They will form corrctly around the tank when fitted. However all subsequent deliveries will be 'unfolded'.

Hope that clears things up. Any issues do get in touch.

The straps are a very good fit indeed so will be nice and close to the tank. When tightening the bolts keep them all loose and tighten once you've got the best placement.

Edited by fla

Just a quick note for updates on payments so I can mark you as paid on the list. Thanks

Hi mate

Whilst I have the cash I thought I would send my payment to, I trust you have received.

Many thanks for arranging.

Regards

Edited by axcel01uk