lard44

ELM 327 Bluetooth OBD reader and Torque app - any users?

Hey all,

Bought a bluetooth adaptor and downloaded this popular app to do some logging and fault code reading but it's not working - the app talks to the adaptor fine, but I keep getting 'No response from ECU' on the phone - lots of little clicking noises from the dash, lights on the adaptor looking busy - but nothing.. It just loops testing the different protocols.

Has anyone got this combination working? Presumably I could still check codes with a cable and VCDS?

I do have this working but i've converted to OBD2. I think I tried it once on obd1 and it didn't work sadly, only one thing to do... convert to obd2 :thumbleft:

I do have this working but i've converted to OBD2. I think I tried it once on obd1 and it didn't work sadly, only one thing to do... convert to obd2 :thumbleft:

1995 vr6-I thoughti was running obd2 as standard?

---------- Post added at 10:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:24 PM ----------

strike that I'm a tool.

So what can I do with that port?

The ebay obd2 cables work with something like vcds-lite, just the elm adapters just don't seem to want to play ball.

All Corrado's are obd1 unless they have been converted

useful comments - I too have installed 'Torque' on my phone but there was not a lot happening or being measured. Looks like i'd better speed up my OBD2 conversion!