jay6668v

Jays 24v corrado

Hey guys, been here for many years but never posted, thought it was time I should!

Currently have a Corrado with a 24v 4mo engine fitted and working my way through some small issues.

After more digging and help from billcor it would seem stan originally owned the car.

Pics of how I picked it up.

null_zps0beb5c95.jpg

null_zps24ac4360.jpg

null_zps1836fc16.jpg

Cheers J

Cheers Lee.

Been a busy bee yesterday.

ReFitted all red rears, 20mm rear spacers, my vw contours, stubby aerial, lowered the front about an inch, got rid of the carbon in the bay, not to my taste. Went for oem caps and battery cover.

Poo iPhone picture for one.

null_zps69599a36.jpg

Unfortunately not. I know I need a crank sensor and the blue temp sensor is disconnected. Hopefully that will fix it when I'm next off.

Unfortunately not. I know I need a crank sensor and the blue temp sensor is disconnected. Hopefully that will fix it when I'm next off.

What part number is on the crank sensor? I might have one.

I will check and get back to you.

Cheers

Looks like mine's non genuine

IMAG0208_zps316ea868.jpg

IMAG0209_zps63ea1230.jpg

Well a lot has gone on since I was last on. Mostly the car set it's self on fire due to a completely bodged engine loom.

Full new loom, new fusebox, replacement ecu, alarm removed and she's back on the road!

I'll let the pics do the talking.

null_zpsb5b613ca.jpg

null_zps804a9bc0.jpg

null_zps8ec07b5a.jpg

null_zpsc7057051.jpg

null_zpscb8df4dd.jpg

Yes that's a set of mk4 golf clocks. 2 sets of clocks ftw!

null_zps335e1627.jpg

Jay, you've missed the one with the MK4 clocks still connected and stuffed up inside the dash :shocked!:

Jay, you've missed the one with the MK4 clocks still connected and stuffed up inside the dash :shocked!:

That's how the experts used to suggest it was done so you didn't need to pay for immo removing.

Looks like some nasty joins you had there, glad your getting it sorted

After getting the car back from willy it still went into limp mode. He kindly took another look at it and found psi hadn't bothered to fit brake or clutch pedal switches, so it kept going into limp mode. William fired some switches in and wired them up. It's fecking awesome now, the love is back!

Now that the car is finally running how it should of been, more mods can start! Bought some enkei's

44C16713-CFAE-443B-81B6-EFA2AFADA021_zps9yv2hnvg.jpg

4F16E600-70C9-4AF5-9032-AEB143A4C4FF_zpsski6hwgx.jpg

6B8E8D00-E046-4FA7-B22C-2C835194F747_zpsaligskaw.jpg

Now need to get my 312mm setup fitted!

Lovely wheels mate!

Threads like this must make sales for PSI very difficult! I wouldn't dream of going anywhere near them after seeing this, basic bodges and cowboys!

I'm down leith way dude.

It had a second rev limit of 4,000rpm

Also my seats were apparently damaged in transit. I've had to order different ones instead!

It had a second rev limit of 4,000rpm

ah ok , reason i ask is becuase last year {I have same engine as you} I was trying to trace a problem with mine which messed up my throttle pedal , basically my throttle pedal would just go dead, I thought maybe that's what you were experiencing in this limp mode, iv never had it on mine like you say, I was only limited to 4.5k when the vss wasn't connected up, I have since fitted brake and clutch switch and Im pretty sure that was the reason for my pedal going dead

Strange, is yours working ok now?

Still waiting on seats, first set were damaged in transit, origin interior now sold too so no driving for me!

yea engines 100% spot on in terms of electrics + running, going to be removing the engine some time this year for new clutch +timing chains and guides + new crank seal as theres a slight oil leak from the chain casing :(

,cool keep us posted on your progress :)

Been busy few weeks got some stuff did, 288mm brakes, huge filter, stripped out and seats in. Has since moved the harnesses as they were at the wrong angle. Waiting for carbon bonnet to come. Perspex windows next

1A5DD069-FCA6-4BCB-A492-399ED471C6DC_zpsdneyxyqd.jpg

0CF60FCC-C55E-4717-891E-B17D8D029562_zpsgkoi7rvi.jpg

EBD6FECF-4577-4063-B644-EA4DDC65D1CC_zps8qg28f74.jpg

BACDECEF-F217-4293-9A98-40269A4FB063_zpswfletwt3.jpg