Sign in to follow this  
dubboy

Handbrake Gaiter

Anyone replaced the plastic handbrake gaiter on there car or seen any corrado's with it done. As I fancy something a bit more trick than the standard plastic one. :?

Hi dubboy

I've seen the grips advertised in magazines, a nice bit of chrome can lift the interior. I haven't seen any on a c but it should be straight forward to change.

I think a previous owner must have stuck on the hand grip on my handbrake :x It should release when pressing the little nib underneath but, theres no way its gonna come off. It is frustrating because I can neither change the hand grip or, remove the grip to try and adjust the cables or tighten the centre console a bit. The console squeaks a lot and is very annoying.

The Jet come with it as standard, or you added it on??? As that was the sort of thing I was looking at doing, as future plans are a leather retrim now its back from the body shop.

Basically wondering how it fits onto the console.Must be different to the plastic one as that seems to be joined under the handbrake itself. The one I have is broken and pops off as someone bust it when altering the handbrake, before I got it.

dan-mine is stuck on too.

i had the snip the gator low down so i could slide the console up to adjust the H-brake. need to get it all off n sort it

I got a nice chrome handbrake handle from http://www.trimsport.co.uk last week. Fitted perfectly, although you have to remove the plastic gaiter from the handbrake and get the part number off the handbrake itself before ordering. :mad:

I've also ordered a leather gaitor from Snappy Gaitors to replace the crappy plastic one. £12 for a plain black one plus £1 postage. Their number is 01270 580730. Other styles are available, but plain black suits my black leather interior best. :lol:

The Jet come with it as standard, or you added it on??? As that was the sort of thing I was looking at doing, as future plans are a leather retrim now its back from the body shop.

Basically wondering how it fits onto the console.Must be different to the plastic one as that seems to be joined under the handbrake itself. The one I have is broken and pops off as someone bust it when altering the handbrake, before I got it.

no its an add on by the guy the had the C before me!

G60Jet is there any chance you could take a pic to show how he has done this??

As he had to fabricate any parts or has a standard gaiter been used and stuffed into the console?

Would very much appreciate any help. :)

Stormseeker where abouts in Southport are you. As I'm not that far away and used to live in Southport. 8)

I have a Isotta hand brake cover and combined gaiter - I will post a pic of it fitted when I get home tomorrow.

I think it looks ok and it works fine and has its own chrome "button"

Mike16v, Is that the one from Trim sport?

It doesnt come with th epolished button though to release the handbrake.

Ray_vr6,

where did you get the Isotta handbarke cover and gaitor? How much? and does it fit on the old C?

Cheers,

Baz.

I got the handbrake cover plus a steering wheel and gear knob directly from the isotta site and delivered from Italy (quicker than some stuff I've ordered from the UK!)

price approx (they are given in sterling on the site) £46

Fits OK - I will take a pic of it in place tomorrow when I get home and post it here.

Very pleased with the product

isotta.com

HTH

Rey, that one looks the biz.

One question, I assume the gator just pushed into the gap on the console? If so, do you have to keep pushing it back in every time you release the handbrake?

Rey, that one looks the biz.

One question, I assume the gator just pushed into the gap on the console? If so, do you have to keep pushing it back in every time you release the handbrake?

mine sits in there fine, and dont pop out at all.

RAMS:

Yeah it the Trimsport one. Apparently the button's a nightmare to remove, so they haven't created a replacement.

Looks fine in the flesh, I'll post up a better quality photo soon.

Just to confirm that no it dosn't ride up at all.

Sorry due to work commitments I was unable to get the promised photo of the gaitor in place.

I've also ordered a leather gaitor from Snappy Gaitors to replace the crappy plastic one. £12 for a plain black one plus £1 postage. Their number is 01270 580730. Other styles are available, but plain black suits my black leather interior best. :lol:

Good info .My original is missing so for that money for a leather one makes good sense. Cheers ..