Sign in to follow this  
B5VWC

Black VR6 - Rotrex - Mapping Update on Pg 20

Hats off to you Bob - that's impressive work. :notworthy:

If I may ask - what oversizesize of valve did you select on the BVH?

What a beast. Superb work mate! :salute:

Awesome, truly a stunning car. :salute:

Cheers guys

yeah the car is cool,but I'm loving that garage., :D

its bit of mess now got it tidied today so i can get both cars in there

430 horses running on 5.5 cylinders :shock:

430 horses running on an engine with 125k on it :shock:

430 horses running standard internals :shock:

Fair play that's a bit of a beast! 8)

You planning to increase the power, now you have a spangly new engine with forged internals??

yeah it was shocking - good news your car managed 430hp but now the bad news is you now have piston wear

but thats how it goes at that sort of power it will find the weakest point

right now im just happy its running and i can drive it, will see how it runs and change it later its easy to swap

Hats off to you Bob - that's impressive work. :notworthy:

If I may ask - what oversizesize of valve did you select on the BVH?

thanks phil

bvh is schimmel built, 1mm ferrea oversize valves + loads more quality is superb

2009-020-Schimmel-BVH1.jpg

2009-020-Schimmel-BVH2.jpg

2009-020-Schimmel-BVH3.jpg

Edited by B5VWC

bvh is schimmel built, quality is superb

I can second that

Bugger!

I'll bet they're £2k+ now. :(

Bobby....Make sure you come see me this weekend, I need to see this car in the flesh. Hats of to you bro, you've done a splended job, well done.

Hi bobby, thanks for the rear beam, would have loved to have stayed a bit longer and had a good chat and look over your car but time was tight still had stuff to load up for mallory tomorrow. Have just read over your thread and i'm even more impressed now with the true extent of the work gone into your car, would def like to have a proper look over it another day and hear the beast. take it easy

cheers

mart

thats an awesome setup you have there, why bother with 24 valves when you can get that sort of results with the original 12 eh?

question: and i suppose this goes for all supercharged VRs - do you worry about water ingress into your engine with the air filter set so low in the wheel arch? with the weather we are having lately there are some big puddles about that could possibly be disasterous? I have a VF charger setup for mine, and will end up with the filter in the same position, but i am not sure i am entirely happy about that!

just a thought.

Never had that problem with mine matey, and as you know, it's been a daily driver for 6 years with all the mods it's ever had, inc S/C :wink:

reason i ask is one of the cars at work (07 vw passat) gave up its life when water entered the engine. saying that the stupid tw4t did attempt to drive through a frickin mini lake though lol

those undertrays wont do nothing to stop a high water level, they will stops splashes at best, but clearly it isnt an issue.

bvh is schimmel built, quality is superb

I can second that

Bugger!

I'll bet they're £2k+ now. :(

when i got mine rate was $1.9 to the £1 picked up mine for £965 delivered but i dont think they'll be above £2k though

SPEC:

1mm oversize Ferea Inconel valves

Corrosion pits filled with JB weld then a full skim

3 angle valve cuts

Valve stem diameter reduced

Titanium spring caps and retainers

Heavy duty 7500rpm springs

Port matched intakes

Uprated exhaust studs

Hi bobby, thanks for the rear beam, would have loved to have stayed a bit longer and had a good chat and look over your car but time was tight still had stuff to load up for mallory tomorrow. Have just read over your thread and i'm even more impressed now with the true extent of the work gone into your car, would def like to have a proper look over it another day and hear the beast. take it easy

cheers

mart

no problem mart thanks for picking up the axle

its on the road now so just got to rack up the miles

thats an awesome setup you have there, why bother with 24 valves when you can get that sort of results with the original 12 eh?

question: and i suppose this goes for all supercharged VRs - do you worry about water ingress into your engine with the air filter set so low in the wheel arch? with the weather we are having lately there are some big puddles about that could possibly be disasterous? I have a VF charger setup for mine, and will end up with the filter in the same position, but i am not sure i am entirely happy about that!

just a thought.

yeah thats right the 24v flows better and has better management but getting one fitted and fully running is not that straightforward plus it will still cost just as much to run when it comes to parts & fuel

love the sound of mine not whiney like vortechs but you know it has some power on throttle just cant break 4k yet

not had much problem with rain, its not a daily like some of the guys on here so im lucky - but i know what you mean - I will just use mine on dry days if i can

Bobby....Make sure you come see me this weekend, I need to see this car in the flesh. Hats of to you bro, you've done a splended job, well done.

Alrite Nige - long time - yeah will try to mate just had it MOT'd today and passed no problem so can start putting on the miles and get it run in so coming to yours will help

Will call you later today

Edited by B5VWC

Really need pistons next, got H-beam forged rods and all ARP bolts.

yeah i reckon with your torque your running the bottom end will be taking a beating - get some wossners in there and wind it up

Really need pistons next, got H-beam forged rods and all ARP bolts.

yeah i reckon with your torque your running the bottom end will be taking a beating - get some wossners in there and wind it up

Hope to soon :)

Your is looking good buddy, nice work 8)

Booby, good to meet you, thanks for teh bits and bobs and glad it passed the MOT. A beast - i didnt know what i was looking at under the bonnet. Get it on a rolling road now and see what it puts out.

Booby, good to meet you, thanks for teh bits and bobs and glad it passed the MOT. A beast - i didnt know what i was looking at under the bonnet. Get it on a rolling road now and see what it puts out.

no problem hasan good luck with the conversion

will get it on rr once its run in although i reckon it will be similar power now unless i fit a 70mm pully

Update --- closing on 2000 miles now at 3.5k rpm limit fustrating that I cant open it up yet with another 4000rpm left but not long now

Will be dyno'd on 16th so far so good runs alot smoother but makes an evil sound no charger whine at all, get asked what turbo im running LOL

Came back from Edition38 today was a good show thought I would add some pics of the car for a change - cleaned it properly for first time in 2 years...

2010-01-01.jpg

2010-01-02.jpg

2010-01-03.jpg

Edited by B5VWC