Purple Tom

Breaking 1995 Flash Red VR6

Hi,

I recently bought a 1995 VR6 which I intended to be a bit of a rolling project. I was aware that it had some corrosion however wasn't too bothered because it appeared to be mostly superficial - a bit of a rot on a sill and some other minor rust.

However, I've had it in the garage for a while now and after more investigation the corrosion is a bit more extensive than I thought. This isn't the first time its happened to me, I broke a Corrado a couple of years ago that had similar issues. Handily however, I've been able to buy another Corrado which has very good bodywork and is going to become the basis for the rolling project as previously mentioned.

Unfortunately, I haven't got room for both in the garage so in order to keep my spares stock in good condition and also to help keep some other Corrados on the road I've decided to break this one. It's a shame, but needs must!

So, it's a 1995 'M' VR6 in LP3G Flash Red. It's covered 139k and the only things that aren't available are the seats/doorcards, engine and some of the ancillaries - coilpack and a few other bits and bobs.

The rest is available and ready to go. I'm in sort of a hurry to get it broken so I'm not going to hold out for silly high prices, I'd much rather get it gone than hold on to parts for the sake of it. Incidentally, I still have lots of parts left over from my previous breaker so if there's something you need, please ask.

All prices are INCLUDING POSTAGE (either courier or Royal Mail whichever is cheapest) unless specified as collection only.

I'll summarise some of the big bits, anything else, please ask:

Body Panels - all LP3G Flash Red and in reasonable to good condition - pictures available on request

Bonnet - £25 collected

Bootlid - £25 collected

Rear bumper - £10 collected

O/S door - £15 collected

N/S door - £15 collected

N/S mirror - £20 posted (£30 posted for the pair)

O/S mirror - £20 posted (£30 posted for the pair)

Fuel Flap - £10 posted

Sunroof panel - £35 posted

Front (slam) panel - £40 collected

Engine:

Standard airbox - £50 posted

OBD1 engine loom (coilpack) - £75 posted

OBD1 ECU with immobiliser box, 2 keys and sensor ring - £80 posted - part number available shortly

Fans - £50 collected

Other parts - please ask!

Running Gear:

Gearbox - £75 collected

Driveshafts with CV's - £50 collected

Flywheel - £30 collected or £40 posted

Front hubs - £40 for the pair collected

Front wishbones - £50 for the pair collected

Front ARB - £10 collected

Front crossmember - £50 collected

Radiator panel - £50 collected

Rear beam - £25 collected

Electrical:

N/S headlight - VGC - £50 posted

N/S foglight - no cracks - £60 posted (£100 posted for the pair)

O/S foglight - no cracks - £60 posted (£100 posted for the pair)

All red rear lights - £30 posted for the lot

Clocks (139k) - £25 posted

Interior:

Uncut parcel shelf with intact straps - £50 collected

Here's a picture of the car as it stands:

file_zps82a47b96.jpg

I know I'm going to have missed loads and loads of parts there - that's just a rough idea of what there is and the sort of prices I'm expecting. I'm open to reasonable offers on all parts, but please bear in mind that postage isn't as cheap as it used to be so if you want parts I'm happy to save them for you and arrange collection from Derbyshire, postcode DE56 2FL.

I'm happy to combine postage and some items if you want more than one as well. Please give me chance to reply to the thread, I work shifts so won't always be able to reply straight away, but I'll do my best to check every few hours. Similarly with postage, I can't get to the post office every day due to shift work but I'll do whatever I can to get the parts that you need out to you asap.

Thanks for reading, any questions then ask away. Hopefully this car will help to keep a few more Corrados on the road (including my other one!)

Cheers

Tom

Edited by Purple Tom

How much for the PCV valve including pipework, also are the cams available? if they're in vgc?

Can I see some pics. please,

Many thanks.

Edited by Philstrm250

Please may I have:

Drivers door outer window wiper seal.

Passenger door outer window wiper seal.

Console ashtray mounting ( the ashtray slides into this part).

Obviously subject to condition and price (posted).

Many thanks, James

How much for the radiator twin fan housing posted?

What's the condition like, don't mind a few rusty bits as long as it solid.

Thanks.

Good morning,

Could I have exterior drivers door handle and drivers side indicator assy also the whole Aerial. They need to be in good nick no cracks etc. if available price and postage to Swindon

Philstrm - currently the PCV is already taken and the cams aren't available as they're part of the engine which isn't available. Sorry!

James - Definitely a yes for the ashtray surround, you'll have to let me have a look at the door outer wipers as unfortunately they're usually pretty hard to remove without deforming them - I'll get back to you asap on that.

Kaiser - The fan assembly is in good condition - I'll post it for you but it's going to be fairly expensive due to the weight and packaging required - £70 posted

Rob - When I bought the car the ABS was non functional however a Vagcom scan revealed only sensor faults so as far as I can see the ABS pump is working fine. £40 posted for that due to the weight.

Ozowen - All available, I'll need to double check on the indicator as I know one of them has a slight crack but I can't remember which side off the top of my head. The door handle is good and the aerial is good too. Assuming the indicator is good then I'll do the lot for £85 posted - price breakdown is £50 for the door handle, £20 for the aerial, £10 for the indicator and £5 postage.

Cheers

Tom

Post me pics up off rear lights also the bonnet catch handle as it got the clip on so the cable don't pull through

dude im after the rubber trim that goes along the bottom of the drivers side window..... you know the one i mean?

Would you be happy to sell a window washer nozzle from the bonnet with the wire down to the first plug , if so how much posted

Al

Hi,

I have a big list of items to remove and photograph for the members above - I've ended up have to work x2 12hour shifts (4pm - 4am) shifts this weekend which has restricted my movements somewhat. However I go onto nights on Monday so that is my day set aside to get parts removed and pictures taken for folk - please bear with me.

Alastair - will do you the washer jet for £10 posted - £7 for the part and £3 postage.

Cheers

Tom

Hi Tom, is the sunroof in full working order? If so, how much for the sunroof frame/runner?

Thanks

Hi Tom do you have the plastic trim off the top of the handbrake handle section. If you how much?

Cheers Martin

Hi Tom

Know this is a difficult one, but looking for the n/s sill and rear quarter / wheel arch. Will you be cutting these out? If so, interested....

Thanks

Clive

---------- Post added at 12:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:24 PM ----------

Hi Tom

Know this is a difficult one, but looking for the n/s sill and rear quarter / wheel arch. Will you be cutting these out? If so, interested....

Thanks

Clive

Ok, update time, and relevant pictures/questions answered:

Alan h - pic of the rear lights and bonnet release, which does indeed have the clip intact. The reason I don't want much for the rear lights is because the casings are cracked, not visible with the tailgate shut but can be seen with the tailgate open. The boot area is dry so doesn't seem to affect sealing, just a bit annoying really - the 'reddening' job is very good. Have a look, see what you think:

file_zps7284b6dc.jpg

file_zps9b083ae6.jpg

file_zps2605ef7b.jpg

file_zps0ae91ea4.jpg

file_zps28fe36be.jpg

SimonVR6 - Yep, happy to sell the spoiler and spoiler motor. I presume you're willing to collect both? If so, will do them both for £35 collected.

Voo51 - Yep, the sunroof is fully functional, the best one I've had in a Corrado actually. I'd keep it except I've got a moonroof to go in the other one. £30 collected for the frame/runner and an extra tenner if you want the motor, so £40 altogether with the motor.

Martin - yep, I have that, its in good condition, uncracked - £30 posted for it.

wapadrand - I'm afraid the N/S sill is the area of the corrosion on this car, the N/S/R wheelarch is reasonable although the rot has spread up inside the rear quarter at the rear of the sill. If you're local you're welcome to come and have a look to see if its suitable.

dil - the gearknob is unavailable currently although I *may* have a spare one kicking around somewhere, I'll have a look.

James - standby on the window outer seals, I'm going to try to get them off intact but I can't make any promises as they're so bloody delicate when they've been on a while!

Cheers all so far.

Tom

Sorry lights no good for me how much for the handle and do you need to take the cable out to get the handle on

Hi Tom, I'm looking for the black plastic roof gutter trim that runs from front to back, do you have them and what condition are they in?

Cheers James

You don't need to take it all the way out, just enough to unclip the end from the handle itself. £22 posted for the handle and clip matey.

Cheers

Tom

---------- Post added at 4:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 4:22 PM ----------

VR-OOM - Yep I have those, they're in good condition but they're weathered and are typical of 15 year old original roof strips.