FreemanDetailing

Hello! From new VR6 owner!

Hi Corrado Forum!

I thought I'd introduce myself. My name is Roger, I'm 41 and live in Milton Keynes. I work for a major retailer during the week and also as a fully trained Car Detailer most weekends. Which is my true passion!

The reason I'm here is, I've just become the owner of a 1993 VR6, in Aqua Pearl Blue (I believe?). Only 103K on the clock with full black leather interior.

I did buy it primarily as a project to restore and sell on, but now I'm thinking it maybe a keeper! Especially after driving it! I can't stop taking it out for a drive!

Here some pics of when I picked her up!

7ig0.jpg

q936.jpg

After a few changes!

his0.jpg

pn4e.jpg

As you can see I'm more into the standard restored look :cool:

If any of you guys are on facebook, you can see my progress pics here in this link,

1993 VW Corrado VR6

Future plans are to give the exterior a Full Correction Detail and detail the interior, deep clean & feed the leather, plus fix any little issues, broken fog etc.

I'll look forward to any help and advise from the forum.

Rog :thumbleft:

Very nice - and a thousand times better now the bling has been removed :) Is the Octy VRS yours too? I used to own one up until a few months ago - excellent car!

Very nice - and a thousand times better now the bling has been removed :) Is the Octy VRS yours too? I used to own one up until a few months ago - excellent car!

Cheers jim, yes the VRS 2.0 TFSI is my main car (great car too!), the VR6 is my project/play car!

Yeah, I wasn't keen on the bling look either! It's amazing how much better it looks standard :cool:

BTW, I have just repeated this thread, not realising you vet them first! lol

So if you don't mind deleting that one, that would be cool! Cheers

We just vet the first five or so posts from new members to prevent people registering and spamming the forum - we get it more than you might think :)

I look forward to seeing it once you've given it a good detailing!

Welcome, a very nice looking car. I love the way you have de-blinged it. OEM look is best, wheels look good though I happen to think the Speedlines can't be beaten on the Corrado.

Congrats on the purchase, and double congrats on giving the old girl a cosmetic rewind. Always pleases my eyes when originality gets splashed about.

Looks in fair fettle and all those little jobs are on here in the search.

Welcome aboard.

Welcome, a very nice looking car. I love the way you have de-blinged it. OEM look is best, wheels look good though I happen to think the Speedlines can't be beaten on the Corrado.

Thanks, I was looking to get a set of speedlines, but then saw these BBS RZ's. I'm a bit of a sucker for BBS alloys :)

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone, I'm happy to give out some detailing advice too if people need it. Plus looking at the stunning corrado's on here is giving me inspiration also!

:salute:

Edited by FreemanDetailing

Hi roger. Welcome :)

Car looks soo much better on those bbs's! Your only down the road from me so may be bugging you for detailing tips ;)

Also if you need a hand with anything mechanical, I'd be happy to help :)

Ben

What a gawjus looking Rado...... and in probably my favourite colour as well. Going to be attempting a bit of detailing on my own Rado

very soon, so could quite possibly be pestering you for tips!!

Welcome to the forum Roger.

the car looks really nice and I agree that standard is the way to go.

enjoy the car.

Paul

Cheers guys for the great comments!

I do prefer standard (OEM+) to be honest, although I like a well modded car, with the emphasis on done well!

On a different note, I'm after a genuine gearknob, if anyone has got one spare or a reasonably priced one, then let me know :thumbleft:

Looking on eBay, there's not much choice! What other VW's use the same Gearknob?

Cheers

Rog :cool:

Edited by FreemanDetailing

Cheers guys for the great comments!

I do prefer standard (OEM+) to be honest, although I like a well modded car, with the emphasis on done well!

On a different note, I'm after a genuine gearknob, if anyone has got one spare or a reasonably priced one, then let me know :thumbleft:

Looking on eBay, there's not much choice! What other VW's use the same Gearknob?

Cheers

Rog :cool:

I recently bought a replacement Corrado leather Gearknob from the local VW Dealer, it was just over £40.