Sign in to follow this  
mrbeige

Mrs Badcrumble 2.0 16v....

Got the paint on the block on Sunday eventually. Just need some cash to buy some bearings and gaskets now! :(

Got the paint on the block on Sunday eventually. Just need some cash to buy some bearings and gaskets now! :(

Pics? :lol:

Yeah I know, I haven't taken any boring pics yet... :lol:

Good to have a good collection of pics though! So you can put together a full engine build diary! 8)

Good to have a good collection of pics though! So you can put together a full engine build diary! 8)

That is the plan, although they can seem a bit boring really. Hopefully the pics for putting the block together may be a bit more interesting :?

Right, here are the photos.....bit boring I know....

DSC02508.jpg

DSC02510.jpg

DSC02511.jpg

Just had my cylinder head upside down and notice a lot of very black oily residue on 3 out of four of the compression chambers. What could have caused this? Knackered rings? Or worn valve guides?

DSC02513.jpg

DSC02512.jpg

Nothing like a freshly painted block!! :)

Bet it's going to be very satisfying putting it all back together.

Cheers guys! 8)

Anyone offer any reasons for my oily cylinders? (that sounds a bit odgy doesn't it :lol: )

Cheers guys! 8)

Anyone offer any reasons for my oily cylinders? (that sounds a bit odgy doesn't it :lol: )

Think you answered your own question.

Its most likely worn guides, piston rings or worse case cylinder bore wear. Either way wouldn't worry about if your going to be rebuilding the head and sticking it on a new block.

Cheers guys! 8)

Think you answered your own question.

Its most likely worn guides, piston rings or worse case cylinder bore wear. Either way wouldn't worry about if your going to be rebuilding the head and sticking it on a new block.

Cool, just needed someone to confirm whether it's likely to be worn guides or not. Probably should get them replaced anyway :?

Stu,

I've just collected my latest toy, a Beige Valver!

Pretty good for an H plate, few bits of body need sorting. Engine runs well & everthing works (sunroof, rear spoiler, fogs in one piece, bonnet release, C locking, heater etc etc). Completely standard, even the radio is original.

Came with a boot load of spares and a bonnet, front panel, two doors and pair of wings! Bargain at £600

I'll get some pics up tomorrow.

Stu,

Pretty good for an H plate, few bits of body need sorting. Engine runs well & everthing works (sunroof, rear spoiler, fogs in one piece, bonnet release, C locking, heater etc etc). Completely standard, even the radio is original.

Came with a boot load of spares and a bonnet, front panel, two doors and pair of wings! Bargain at £600

Cool, a Beige valver :lol: cheap as chips as well!

Any plans? Going to use the Squirt?

looking good Stu, i'll have to get you to paint mine when it comes out! :)

No problem dude! 8)

Stu,

Cool, a Beige valver :lol: cheap as chips as well!

Any plans? Going to use the Squirt?

Not at the minute, it's running really great on the LE Jetronic (or whatever they are). TBH I always liked K jet, so simple and easy to fix.

Bodywork needs some tidying, and an MOT. But apart from that its solid.

Not at the minute, it's running really great on the LE Jetronic (or whatever they are). TBH I always liked K jet, so simple and easy to fix.

KE-Jetronic, when it runs well, is really good, but its a pig to fault find on. I agree K-jet is soooo much easier to fix.

O/T If it's really an H reg, then it should be K Jet. It doens't have a Cat does it?

Well, it breaks my heart to say this, but the Badcrumble will never see the road again :( :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Its taken me a long time to decide to do this, but needs must and we have a wedding to pay for next year, so I've decided to break her. She's already in lots of bits so it makes sense to continue. I need to get as much money as possible, but I do have a master plan! :wink:

Don't worry guys, all will be revealed in due course....

Expect a for sale thread soon or the parts...

Dude!!! Nooooo! Cant believe it after all the work you have put in, and plans you had for it!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :( :(

Stuey.. Noooo! :shock:

Have a sit, think and and a few beers.. let a few of us take you out and talk you through this too...

Would be a really sad day to see the Crumble broken... I know your plans are pretty impressive, but think if it as a 3-year master plan... Mate of mine's finally got his mental Turbo-bug on the road after 9 years of planning and building and you can't get him out the damn thing! Plus ven though it's "finished" it' still evolving....

Don't make me put a Vulture photo up here too, Puleeeze!

You're kidding mate! :shock:

I know needs must and all that but not the badcrumble, not after all the work you've done so far... :(