Sign in to follow this  
mrbeige

Mrs Badcrumble 2.0 16v....

No probs mate :thumb right: i think it will look trouser twitchingly nice when its done :lol:

I think you might be right :lol:

Whether I'll be still capable of driving it when I'm 96, I'm not sure :lol:

:lol: yeah that would be an issue! Well it looks ace now so its not as if you are driving round in a shed that needs a respray etc!

:lol: yeah that would be an issue! Well it looks ace now so its not as if you are driving round in a shed that needs a respray etc!

You've obviously not seen my car close up :lol:

Does need a respray, and will have to get one done sooner rather than later!

Oh right fair enough then! In that case its a good idea to go for a new colour, i wouldnt want to spent shed loads of money for my car to look exactly the same almost :lol:

Trouble with changing the colour is that you have to do the full car otherwise you end up with your door shuts, engine bay and boot all in the previous colour - in short a full body respray will cost a lot more than a simple blow over in the original colour! I like the colour it is now and wouldn't change it tbh :D

Trouble with changing the colour is that you have to do the full car otherwise you end up with your door shuts, engine bay and boot all in the previous colour - in short a full body respray will cost a lot more than a simple blow over in the original colour! I like the colour it is now and wouldn't change it tbh :D

Very true, but the car has had some flaky paintwork done on it before, the door shuts and boot need doing anyway, so to be fair if I change the colour the only extra paintwork would be the engine bay anyway.....

All pie in the sky at the mo anyway, as I'm skint.....we can all dream can't we!! :-P

Can someone photoshop my Rado, and change the colour to Helios Blue??

Good man :-)

Best VW colour ever.... in the flesh ;-) Are you going for it then?

Can someone photoshop my Rado, and change the colour to Helios Blue??

Good man :-)

Best VW colour ever.... in the flesh ;-) Are you going for it then?

It's on my TODO list yes!

Gotta be done, the P'shop looks good 8)

It does look a little high, yes, but as I was so kindly informed last week, its partly to do with me having the wrong profile tyres on!! 215/40 R16 instead of 215/45 R16....doh!

You sure you dont mean 215/35's. if you put 215/45's on it will look very, how can I put it... out of place.

Also nice mk1 you have chosen there to illustrate the real Helios blue :wink:

Done my own p'shops! Used this site pointed out by herisites

All the same bar the different alloy colour. Flared arches, lowered, smoothed bumper and paint! 8)

This is what I'd like my C to look like, but not sure on the alloys...your thoughts???

good effort mate,i used that site,found it a bit confusin :lol:

Cheers dude, only ever used p'shop to resize images before, so its quite nice to actually use some of its potential

What are peoples thoughts on using two ABF head gaskets to lower the compression as a temporary measure, so I can get on with the turbo conversion? If it is not a really stoopid idea..... :?

Thats my mk1! lol

That's looking great! but as Walesy says it isn't quite Helios Blue

Try and pick this colour if you can.

P.S. Bloody good skills so far dude, cheers

Thats my mk1! lol

That's looking great! but as Walesy says it isn't quite Helios Blue

Try and pick this colour if you can.

P.S. Bloody good skills so far dude, cheers

And a very nice one it is too! lol

Stacking two gaskets will work, but for how long is anyone's guess :lol:

You can get proper spacers for good money mate, they're only about £60 for a VR. Then you get one ABF gasket, split the compressable layers off, bin the metal section and use the top and bottom layers on the spacer - if not already supplied.

That's what I'm doing during the testing phase and then I'll rebuild the bottom end later on with proper pistons and rods. I keep trying to break the engine as to force me into that, but it just keeps hanging on :-)

Don't forget to add ARP rod and head bolts into the equation if you're planning on exceeding 10psi.

Stacking two gaskets will work, but for how long is anyone's guess :lol:

You can get proper spacers for good money mate, they're only about £60 for a VR. Then you get one ABF gasket, split the compressable layers off, bin the metal section and use the top and bottom layers on the spacer - if not already supplied.

That's what I'm doing during the testing phase and then I'll rebuild the bottom end later on with proper pistons and rods. I keep trying to break the engine as to force me into that, but it just keeps hanging on :-)

Don't forget to add ARP rod and head bolts into the equation if you're planning on exceeding 10psi.

Found a company that do spacer gaskets for £45 but he drop the comp ratio down two points to 8.8:1, not sure if that is too much when running not a huge amount of boost??

Do I really need ARP rod bolts? Kinda loathed to pull the block apart until I can afford forged pistons.....

cool pics! did you do the treatment urself?

I did indeed! Took me ages! Well worth it though I think. 8)

lookin smart 8)

Cheers dude

i need flat centers for my borbets u wanna swap :lol:

That would leave me with 8 normal centres then :lol:

Oooh the Megasquirt arrived today!!

Megasquirt 1 v3

MSnS_E daughter board with EGT amp

3-wire PWM idle valve driver

All came to £162 inc delivery + £30 duty (god damn HM Customs!)