gracielou

Corrado VR6, careful lady owner!

Hey Guys,

I have had my Corrado VR6 for nearly 8 months I think and I have not done a newbie post which is most rude!

I bought mine off a lovely chap near Brighton who could barely bear to part with it but I promised I would look after it and I have.

Now, I chose it because I have, for a long time, wanted a Mk2 Scirocco, or a Corrado. I ended up selecting the VR6 model after a bit of research and landed myself a seriously sexy, 20 year old Moonlight Blue little monster!

I drove it around for 6 months but for some reason am now unable to insure it and it is sat on the drive. My dad wanted me to sell, but I can't bring myself to.

Then, as luck would have it, my mother turned round yesterday and said that we should keep it, do what needs to be done (respray, brakes, wheel refurb etc) drive it a bit and mostly show it!!

So now we have to get going with the little project!!

My mum and dad will drive him for me once a week to keep him ticking over while I wait to start the work.

I am so excited and my mum is too! We are all VW nuts and now have 4 in the family and are slowly convincing dad to get a Passatt!

Sorry for the ramblings but I felt the need to explain the story so far!!

Love love!!!

Gracie x

also FYI, I do actually mean careful lady owner. I mean who can afford to rag a 2.9 VR6 around all the time. He does get a good blast once a week though!

Another Lady owner good to see more girls driving these as the GF looks cool driving hers. How come you couldnt insure after 6 months, insurance go up or lack of funds?

For some reason the insurance was ok added on to the end of my 1.4 TDI 6N2 Polo insurance, and then when I went to insure again they wanted over a grand. Can't justify that considering I spend over 160 a month on fuel and I only work in Portsmouth.

Now the car is sat on the drive and will be a once a week for my parents!! Until I can insure again! Shame but I am not getting rid of the beast for beans!

I love Corrados and am prepared to punch anyone on the nose that doesn't know what one is :)).

The whole family loves the car so he will be a little project for us all!!

Gracie x

Welcome to the forum. Shame about the insurance issues but to be honest it's a yearly event trying to get the best deal i just managed to save nearly 200 quid by doing the phoneathon for the day. Have you tried going through classic insurance on limited mileage.

Looks like a keeper.......need pictures

I love Corrados and am prepared to punch anyone on the nose that doesn't know what one is :)).

Love it. :clap: Get some photo's up!

I will get some pictures up when I get in :) at work at the moment :( I can't wait until

I can insure him again!!

All sorts of bits to on him but it really will be worth it!

We have some sunroof issues as well but that is last on the list!!!

It's good to know there are Corrado lovers in my area!!

Gracie x

From an insurance perspective Gracie I managed to get a quote of £193 from Lancaster Insurance on their newer claassics policy from chaucer. You have to ask for the extras to be taken off like key cover, legaline,tyre cover,wheelie bin cover :smug:...you get the drift.

compare the meerkat got me £180.25 but without agreed valuation which I paid a little extra for.

hope that helps

Welcome to the forum Gracie. Hope you manage to sort the insurance out so you can drive him again soon. Have you tried any of the insurers who advertise on here? There is a separate Insurance section.

[ATTACH]75084[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]75085[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]75086[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]75087[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]75088[/ATTACH]

Hey Guys!!!

These are a few pictures from IG (@gracieloutdi) ( anyone else have IG???? )

You wanted pics so here they are!!! They are not fantastic granted, but I don't have a huge amount of snaps for some reason!!

Isn't he a beauty!!!

Do we all approve???

Gracie x

Thank you Scarlet, I have looked at a few but gave up, I have another car so it's not like it was essential to insure. My parents have insured him so that I can keep him going and they will use it as a weekend car for now until I can get the money together to get the work done :)

Gracie x

---------- Post added at 9:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 9:23 PM ----------

From an insurance perspective Gracie I managed to get a quote of £193 from Lancaster Insurance on their newer claassics policy from chaucer. You have to ask for the extras to be taken off like key cover, legaline,tyre cover,wheelie bin cover :smug:...you get the drift.

compare the meerkat got me £180.25 but without agreed valuation which I paid a little extra for.

hope that helps

That's not bad, most companies won't even look at me because I am 23 with a modified 2.9 V6! Most wanted at least 1000 which when I have another car with an engine half the size for half the insurance! I also don't want to use it as a daily :( x

Lovely looking car. BBS 17" MultiSpokes of any description seem to really make the Corrado. I noticed this at the National Day. Welcome Gracie. I echo the Classic Insurance comments. Some may not insure you as under 25, but I never had a problem when I used to go through Lancaster for insurance on a Classic Saab 900 Turbo when 23 (group 17 of 20). As long as you have access to another car. My current classic policy has me insured on my Storm for 280 a year, whereas my daily VR normal fully comp policy costs me 690!

Those wheels deserve some tlc, they will look great with a good clean up. Really like that shade of blue. Welcome from another near Portsmouth Corrado

Looks like a nice VR, I always liked watching people faces drop when I was 21 with a 2.9. Now im 28 everyones got a faster car than me now but mine still turns heads

Lovely looking car. BBS 17" MultiSpokes of any description seem to really make the Corrado. I noticed this at the National Day. Welcome Gracie. I echo the Classic Insurance comments. Some may not insure you as under 25, but I never had a problem when I used to go through Lancaster for insurance on a Classic Saab 900 Turbo when 23 (group 17 of 20). As long as you have access to another car. My current classic policy has me insured on my Storm for 280 a year, whereas my daily VR normal fully comp policy costs me 690!

I do love the BBS, they are in horrendous condition but once the refurb is done they will look amazing! I just think BBS belong on a Dub!!!

I can't wait to be able to insure the monster again but for now I will settle for being driven around in MY car by my parents! :(

That is one of the things people say..,.2.9 an you are 23?!?!? Whaaaaat... (22 when I bought him).

I love the feeling of driving such am exquisite piece of not of engineering, but history as well!!!!

Gracie x

---------- Post added at 11:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:14 PM ----------

Those wheels deserve some tlc, they will look great with a good clean up. Really like that shade of blue. Welcome from another near Portsmouth Corrado

I know!!! BBS should NOT look like that, even though I am female.... IT WASN'T ME!! I avoid curbs like the plague and bay park where possible!!

We are just east of Fareham and the car lives north of Fareham!!! Near Pompey woo!!

Gracie x

---------- Post added at 11:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:17 PM ----------

looks good! as above, 17" rx's are always a winner on a rado :thumbleft:

Thank you

Gracie x

Car looks good and as everyone else has said, the wheels are great. I have the same on mine - def my favourite wheel for a Corrado!

Car looks good and as everyone else has said, the wheels are great. I have the same on mine - def my favourite wheel for a Corrado!

Thank you, the only bad bits are the wheels and the paintwork!! Some junkie keyed the nearside as well but the respray will sort that!

car looks well but they are always a work in progress and never finished.

im also 23 and insure my vr6 for under £1000 and that with a few points, a crash and being a guy in northern ireland which is surprisingly cheap. try changing a few things on your quotes, annual mileage (7000), excess, vehicle value (2500), where its kept (on driveway), usage (driving to single place of work) all made my insurance a lot cheaper

What lovely knees you have! :lol:

Why thank you!!

---------- Post added at 1:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 1:39 PM ----------

car looks well but they are always a work in progress and never finished.

im also 23 and insure my vr6 for under £1000 and that with a few points, a crash and being a guy in northern ireland which is surprisingly cheap. try changing a few things on your quotes, annual mileage (7000), excess, vehicle value (2500), where its kept (on driveway), usage (driving to single place of work) all made my insurance a lot cheaper

Yeah that's the thing with the classicy cars!!! How many years no claims do you have?

I don't know why mine is quite so much?!

I have tried all the bits to keep it down but there it was chipped to give it back the 10bhp that is has lost during its life, custom manifold am rocker cover and custom stainless steel exhaust all add up to higher premiums.

Just to keep him on the road for now, I am happy that my parents will be using him as a weekend car as it is very cheap for them!

As I have said we need to seriously look at getting the wheels done and the whole car needs a spray! There are other little bits that need doings but are by no means essential!!