borarob

front indicators, early v late

I realise that the fogs for early and late models are completely different and non interchangeable but is this also true of the indicators? Are there early and late versions or are they all the same..?

also does anybody know if there are multiple versions of the in pro crystal fog / indicator combo? are there UK / euro versions - wouldn't have thought so but thought i'd check.

thanks as ever

I thought there were early and late indicators and early ones sat in further, or maybe thats just the fog fitting.

I thought there were early and late indicators and early ones sat in further, or maybe thats just the fog fitting.

thats what i was thinking, perhaps its just the new mounting system that makes the indicators stick further out on later cars rather than that the indicators are actually different?

I think they are different; I've not actually had to fit early indicators I have to confess, but from what I've read they are fixed differently. I believe early ones have a face fix screw....(?)

To answer the first question,in-pro's only come in one variation !

Good news,late Indicators/fogs fit early models with very little work,if any !

Check out Henny's build thread,I know he went from early to late

---------- Post added at 5:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 4:58 PM ----------

Found this in the wiki

http://wiki.the-corrado.net/_indicator_conversion.html

Having owned both early and late, I know they have the same mounting arrangement. As has been mentioned though, the early are more recessed than the late. As david has said as well, early ones are plastic. I can't recall them actually being a different shape though, so other than the retaining cutouts for them being further back on the early type, I'm sure they could be easily adapted.........

Guys, you do realise it's the indicators being discussed here, not fogs.....? Late indicators are also plastic...

Blow me, you're right, I've both sitting on the drive and I could have sworn the lates were glass, I think it's because they are clearer and the earlies have gone a little cloudy.

yes just asking about the indicators. and to further clarify i want essentially know if the early indicators will fit my late car (as loads of early about but not many late it seems). I know the fog arrangement and bracket is different between the two but to me the indicators look the same...

no, the indicators are a different fitment, the comments here are referring to the fact that you can fit early style fogs and indicators to a late bumper and vice versa, but not mix and match early and late fogs and indicators together.