Sign in to follow this  
Storm

My new Storm

Got me a new Storm Auto. Acres of space in the front as it has been supplied without a working engine.

Now what do I do:

1 put a VR back in. Anyone got a low miler 2.9?

2 put a 16vG60 in there, has anyone got a prebuilt unit?

3 put a breathed on std G60 in there.

It's already scheduled to have FK coilovers, new standard brakes with goodrich hoses and bits of paint to be perfect. Car has 80k miles on it and is mint inside. Its got air con and Momo wheel with it.

Pics tonight if I can work the digital camera.

Was this Jason Sanders car from west sussex?? Did you get it for a good price? He offered it to me for 3k but I had just put down the deposit on my VR. Sounds like a great project car. I would go 20vt with it or maybe 24v VR.

Good luck with the new project.

Andy,

They guys name is Jason, he is from West Sussex, but its not Sanders. I thought about 20vt and saw one at inters for £650 from a Seat Cupra with all the bits, but I'm not sure its that easy. 24V VR is probably easier, but how do you find one?

Rik.

do something different.... 1.9TDI 180 and up the turbo to take it to over 200bhp! 8)

Well cool, and a good idea with petrol prices what they are at the moment! :shock:

Wasnt to sure on the surname, so that was a guess from memory...poor old memory!

My mate was looking at that engine, not to sure on its general health as the turbo looked very oiled up. As far as finding one just got to trawl though all the breakers, the bargins are to be had at small breakers that dont know what a 20vt or 24v vr is worth. All pot luck really!

I'd budget on £2500 all in to change to a 20vt or 24v vr if you are fitting it yourself. I'm no expect but that seems to be a reasonable estimate from what my mate has investicated so far. Its all the small things that add up and bit you in the ar5e.

I guess you'll be changing the gearbox to, to a manual?

Definately going manual. Got the info from Vortex and its quite an easy conversion to do. I'm going to get all the bits together, do what I can and then take it to the garage I use to finish off.

Apart from the ratio's does anyone know the differences between the gearboxes, 16v, G60 and VR6?

Given that so few Auto Storms were made (only 20 in each colour) have you considered putting a VR6 + Auto back into it? It would certainly have a rarity value that might eventually translate into residual value (auto VR6 Corrado's are fairly rare beasts anyway)

JOhn

John,

I can understand your point completely, it would be lovely to keep it original. You're on the Yahoo forum so you know how long Jason had it off the road, things sieze up big style over a period of time. I bought it for the simple reason that it allows me to have project and decent car when I'm finished, as an auto its worth much less and has a limited market. Anyone who tracks the classifieds knows how autos can hang around for ages. There's one in Maidenhead with Leather & Air thats now down to 4.5 and low miles for a running car. I still cant believe I paid 2,450K for a car with no engine.

My budget is as follows:

Car £2,450.00

Engine and gearbox £2,000.00

Braided Hoses £65.00

Minimum bodywork, front & rear bumpers + off side front wing

repair both door frames, paint both doors £850.00

Brakes discs and pads £110.00

Rear Calipers £100.00

Shocks, top mounts, bump stops £360.00

Labour £350.00

Total £6,285.00

As an auto it wont be worth that as a manual it definately will be.

Please view this as a car that has been saved from being broken up, as opposed to being a car that is going to be adulterated. Jason tried a fair while to shift this, I spent ages making my mind up, due to the amount of work. Her indoors is going to go mental and the G 60 Has to go. Also the above doesn't include the rest of the crap that I'm bound to get with it, but thats all part of the fun.

Pics uploaded above

Given that so few Auto Storms were made (only 20 in each colour)

I think there were only 20 made in total - 10 in each colour...

Definetly put it back to standard mate, VR6 auto with Solitudes

As an auto it wont be worth that as a manual it definately will be.

I'd say an Auto storm is worth more...

Nice looking motor mate - only one choice in my opinion - the VR. So highly regarded and all anyone talks about when Corrado is mentioned. I'd have it as an auto Storm - gotta be the best choice due to the rarity.

Good on you for saving another Storm from the crusher

IMO, I would probably be unable to resist changing the auto box to manual, because the auto box supplied wasn't the best apparently. I know autoboxes now are pretty sporty but back then.......

However the exterior I would fight to preserve as original Storm - but good luck on finding some decent Solitudes!!

Yes it's good to see another one saved 8) Is that the storm badge I can see on the end of your glovebox? Just wondered where they were situated on autos as it's not by the 'box.

Del,

The badge on the glovebox on the bottom Left is a storm badge.

As for the R32 Nigel, if I could find a complete one for sensible money I'd have it.

3.1 VR with Schrick, 268 cams, AMD throttle body and 6 speed box :lol:

K

That is just perfect!

No doubt about it!

Go for it! :D

Sorry :oops: Have amended.

No probs--great minds think alike eh!! :wink:

Nice to see another Storm owner on here--it's the right colour too!! :lol:

I'm amazed that "Storm" on its own wasn't taken, very happy with that and yep it is the right colour, none of that Bogey Green. :-P

No insults from the green fraternity please.

As for the 3.1 the fund has started, anyone want to contribute?????

I'm amazed that "Storm" on its own wasn't taken, very happy with that and yep it is the right colour, none of that Bogey Green. :-P

i'd be seriously worried if my bogies were the same colour as my storm :-P :-P :-P :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry. Bogey green Corrado owners don't open their wallet up for donations ;)

Sorry. Bogey green Corrado owners don't open their wallet up for donations ;)

especially scottish classic green storm owners :wink: :-P :-P :-P

I knew I was going to get a reaction, but if all the green gang close ranks on me I've had it. :) :) :)