Sign in to follow this  
MoonlightVR

MoonlightVR Pics - Sad day - 26/2/06 - SOLD IT :-( Pics pg11

Sorry to hear about this... seen this car a few times at shows and such and it is truely as described - immaculate.

What sort of price are you looking at for the car mate?

Mate I've really no idea!

All I can confidently say is it's a pretty unique example. It took me 9 months to find the car - because I'm so damn fussy!

It's so difficult to value because it has so many positives:

* Low miles, full history.

* Peach of an engine - freakish output, no oil consumption!

* Mint condition

* Fully specified - try finding one with the list this car has!

It's certainly a rarer car than a Storm!

What would you say it's worth, cos I'm struggling.

Mate, Vince told me you were selling up the other day when I called him to discuss engine options for mine and was quite shocked as you seemed dead chuffed with the brakes and VSR last time we spoke?

It's gotta be kids and a nagging wife? :wink: What other reason/s would drive a sane man to parting with such automotive perfection?

If I had the money (and I think I know the sum you're looking for) I'd snap it up as it's my kind of car.

When you say you're selling it as standard, do you mean STANDARD standard? E.g Speedlines, standard suspension etc etc?? Just thinking your filled aerial and towing eye holes aren't easily reversible! You might get some fussier than fussy b'stard wanting an aerial!

Hi Kev,

It's not the car, it's me! The car is exactly were I wanted it - I just feel I need to move on. And yes it's probably due to my priorities changing as of late. This car is part of me and I'll be in depression for a long time after we part! But sometimes you just gotta do the right thing :cry: :cry:

If the car has to be totally standard, then I'll do exactly that. Depends on who buys it I guess?

Andy, trust me, this is VERY difficult!

Neil, I like your style! :wink:

I'll be selling bits when I know the car is def required standard.

Well price wise its gotta be well into Storm territory.. surely around the £7000 or £8000 marker? What sort of miles does it have?

Blimey mate, Im shocked to read yr selling the VR.. seen it at loads of shows & its such a stuning car..

End of an era? Heh. I'm tempted to buy it myself, just due to that engine (now with VSR *slaver*), but I know I can't justify having a really NICE C till I'm living somewhere with a garage, or even at least a driveway...

Bally - cheers mate :D

dr_mat - I'm hoping it's going to go to another enthusiast. It's been loved all it's life, so hopefully it'll continue with the next owner....

really hope this goes to a good home. Its a beautiful car and i'd snap it up myself if i could afford a second C.

I'm tempted to buy it myself, just due to that engine (now with VSR *slaver*), but I know I can't justify having a really NICE C till I'm living somewhere with a garage, or even at least a driveway...

They're the exact same reasons for wanting and not wanting to buy this car, although I do have a drive, but that won't stop me being paranoid about jealousy induced vandalism every night.

Also, I couldn't use Asim's as a daily driver like I do mine at the moment.

I've only seen the pics and it reaaly is one that can be used for aspirational purposes. I've only driven mine about 700 miles in the past 9 months (mainly due to the electrical gremlins which i havent had time to sort but will be done soon) but my son (who's 4 years old) loves going in it. Absolutely loves it. So Asim mate if the reasons are family related then I'd hang on to it. Plus you also have the security of knowing the kids cant open the back doors or windows inadvertently and will be as safe as houses in those comfy bucket seats. Do your best to keep it bud.

When I 1st see this for sale I was really considering it. I managed to stop myself selling the G60 & spending even more to get this! Now I'm trying to convince myself I'm right not to buy it!

Such a lovely mota, great example! I've seen it in the flesh & it looks even better.

Del!!! What are you doing?! ;)

Put it back to stock rolling on the Speedlines and keep it.

I've been meaning to sell my VR6 for almost a year but I've still got it though its on the Speedlines, stock inlet manifold, airbox, stock exhaust/cat etc.

If it does have to go make sure you've got the most fantastic photo of it to keep because you won't get another one like it and you'll want to remember it in years to come.

Best wishes to you and your new family mate. :thumbleft:

I've been in that car and its 100% A1, will not find a better corrado in the world imho! Maybe apart from the VW museum! Consider a part ex for an unfinished 4x4 1.8T corrado? No seriously, if I had the cash I would be at the front of the que! Good luck with the sale Asim...

Kieron, I hear what you're saying mate, but it's gotta go. I've spent 3 years building it up to my dream spec and putting it back to standard and running it just isn't an option for me. All good things have to come to an end sometime.....

Hope to catch you soon?

Ben, you're a gent! Tenner in the post :lol:

Hope it goes to an another Corrado nutter that's all. It deserves a good home! Tell your mates!

Wish I'd gone to Worthersee now - what a memorable blast that would have been hey?!

Whilst finding a pic of Asim's on BBS RCs (which ARE still available, contrary to recent rumours) I stumbled on Mat's post below:-

Pity you didn't get a Storm...! Ha! Not! :)

But if you ever wanna sell her... Give me a shout.. :)

So where's your cash then Mat???

:D