RadoDB

Alright lads.. RWD ahead

hey lads, think its time i say hey.. im Daniel and i love building crazy cars so me next project will be a rwd corrado :cheers: iv done things like this before just never been RWD and would like to get into drifting but with a VAG car so the welder and grinder will be back out..

i wont be using a vag engine ill be using a BMW unit and will probably be turboing the 250bhp motor to a health 350-400..

past cars iv had

at 17 i built a mk2 VR6 ( yes fully insured haha )

19 i built an eaton charged 6n polo

20 i got my first real car mitsubishi evo 5 running 400bhp/410fpt

i hit 22 and had to sell the evo due to millage i was doing but in the mean time build another crazy car but sold that as iv just purchased a house..

im now itching to start my RWD corrado so currently on the hunt for one thats got a blown motor or has issues ( MOT fail )

hope you will all like the project and wont wont to hang me haha

Dani

Welcome! Sounds like a very exciting prospect! Look forward to hearing updates on this and routes you will take fabbing this up. Don't think it will be very straightforward, but good luck all the same mate!:thumbleft:

yeah it wont be but it wont be to hard, iv done engine conversions that have used other manufactures engines and had to custom make, engine mounts, exhausts ext, drive shafts ect..

ill be using an E36 328i as a donor car, M3 evo rear diff, having a custom prop.. the rear subframe wont be to hard to mount it will be sorting the rear suspension and finding a fuel tank to fit that will be a sod i dont wont in internal one as i did wont to keep it sleeper ish and will be using it daily when its done..

Welcome along, look forward to seeing this happen, once done and you're bored please sell to me :)

haha ill keep you in mind for IF i ever sell it :)...

still on the hunt for a local cheapish corrado to start this

keep it vag and turbo a 12v vr6, make crazy power!

I think 400 hp bmw engine will be too weak for a drift car imo, with all the weight of a daily corrado ( seats , doorcards etc )

good luck with the build though.

The cost for turboing the vr, and finding a box / custom making an adaptor plate for another rwd box will exceed the cost of building and turboing the bmw unit.. Even as a daily it will be stripped out and caged with buckets and harnesses as when I'm out of the forces the job I'm walking into is 5miles from home so I could bike it in the summer lol.. The bmw units are far from weak ill be using a 325 bottom end that's a steel block and 328 head and have too to make 500-600bhp with a head spacer..

Thanks though dude

Well some of you might be glad to no i will be keeping the VR BUT ill now be going for 4WD ill be using a set up the lads in the states are using to replace the audi s4 B5 2.7tt engine with the vr6

the end result is crazy

that of course is 900bhp with the 24v i will be aiming for 600whp with the 12v vr6

this of course will be a long project with the amount of custom work ill need to do BUT this will be getting done i do have a good budget and will be doing all the work so the hunt is on for a vr6 corrado cheap now

have a read of this

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...V-Info-sharing

i could probably also use an 02M or similar gearbox but somehow make the transfer box and haldex into a true 50/50 setup that would be 100% less work and free up more funds to reach more than 600whp

Edited by RadoDB