Sign in to follow this  
MoonlightVR

Meguiars Car Wax - thoughts?

I use the new Meguairs stuff 'nxt generation' tech wax. Which the meguairs lot recommended to me as being much better than gold class. I also use their tyre black which is superb and their wash soap which you only have to use a tiny tiny bit of. It all kicks the ass of Autoglym. This is how mine looked after a bit of a polish.

http://the-corrado.net/.archive/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5413&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=60[/url]

Hm...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... eName=WDVW

Seems like a fair price. And as no-where around me sells this Megiuars stuff might have to make a purchase. He has the complete range by the looks of it as well, including the 3 stage kit....

Tis a good price Jim. You can also try:

http://www.speeding.co.uk/acatalog/copy ... uiars.html

They do the full range and p&p is free. Seem the cheapest. Doing a deal on the 3 stage system by the looks of it too.

Yup, speeding.co.uk is where I get my Maguiars stuff from. Their black trim detailer is ace as well, particlualry like their Quick Detailer, excellent for shows to remove minor dirt traces after the journey to the show.

And as no-where around me sells this Megiuars stuff

Tried Elliots (Gulson Road) yet? They do some of Maguiars stuff.

Tempest

This is like "What oil is best?"....... what ever suits your budget and requirements is *always* the correct answer.

I've tried all types of wax and polish and they all do exactly the same thing. Some sell on reputation, others sell on advertising.

At the end of the day, all you are doing is wiping something on and then wiping it off again and the only difference between them is how long the microscopically thin layer of wax/polish stays on the paint.

Carnuba wax tends to stay put the longest, and to that end I use Swissol as it has a much higher percentage of Grade A carnuba than any other wax. Yep it's expensive, but I've found it to be the best for me because I only wax my car once or twice a year, and Swissol is fine for irregular applications.

i hve used a few differnt polishes and waxes ,and still think meguairs is the best for me and my cars,

i love the 3 stage and use it twice a year including the clay bar,and scratch x,.i have since tried that meguirs next gen stuff and found it to be very quick and easy .

Every car polish has there place ,i even use autoglym glasspolish as nothing can touch it,also original tcut is still brilliant for any bird dropping staines.

cheers mark,

soon to have new wheels

Just finished Swissol'ing mine actually...... 4.5 sodding hours! Clay bar, paint cleaner, wax - the works :lol: Worth it though.

K

I've recently tried Meguiars and of all the liquid waxes I'd say so far it's the best I've used. Did a comparison patch with my old favorite though, and I still rate it as the best.

53.jpeg

Simoniz Original Carnuba. £5 a tin, which lasts 2-3 years of 2-3 waxes a year and beads water upto and beyond 6 months after application. It's a pig to put on, but it's always been well worth it IMHO

The Meguiars gave just as good a shine, and was nearly as good at reticualting water, but it doesn't last like Simo. But then again, I can go over the whole car in 20 minutes with Meguiars, whereas Simo takes a good 3 hours, or 8 if I really go to town and do it twice including in the shuts.

Give us some pics then Kev!

Not much point really as cameras and LCD/CRT screens lose the depth of shine!

It's something you need to witness with your own eyes to appreciate the difference.

I suppose all the hours of graft tricks your mind into thinking it's better and it's probably no better than £2.99 turtle wax!

Only part i painted was bonnet & grill+spolier, rest down to ZYMOL POLISH :)

Mystic blue or Aqua Blue?

Looks lovely mate.... made me realise that mine needs polishing so off to do it :oops: lol

lol - Mystic Blue then :p

Its the look am after for my own VR6 although mine is Aqua Blue... the grill spoiler and lights set it off nicely... especailly with the lowered suspension and wheels.... lovely stuff :mrgreen:

lol - Mystic Blue then :p

Its the look am after for my own VR6 although mine is Aqua Blue... the grill spoiler and lights set it off nicely... especailly with the lowered suspension and wheels.... lovely stuff :mrgreen:

Its MYSTIC BLUE, Wheels are 8x17 RH Splitrims. :D

Well just done mine - so thought would post some pics - this was just using gold class wax plus some t cut to remove scratches....

Has anybody got any suggestions for a plastic restorer that I can use on my door handles that have faded to grey?

That's mint Scott, how could you possibly think of selling her?

Nice Barbeque in the garage, you should have been cooking burgers instead of polishing cars :wink:

Dinkus,

Have a gander at this Meguiar's from Speeding.

It's the third product, Meguiars NXT Tech Protectant (G12924)

I put it on the plastic bits on the roof as they've faded to gray. Haven't touched it for three weeks now, there's been hot sun,

downpours, hail, you name it. They're still black :)

After you've washed your car, I'd recommend putting this on before your waxing and detailing, if it goes on the paint,

it leaves clear spots unless it's wiped well and truly. So, it's messy, but I think well worth it

Cheers,

Rica