MurdoMac

MOT time :(

Well it was bad news, good news and then some more bad news so she failed on a rear brake pipe :( but the garage said since i'd traveled so far they would make and fit it for me :) then somehow the plastic top radiator elbow got broken in such a way it was unrpairable so the poor girl is still at the MOT station.:(

The plastic in the top elbow just seemed to disintigrate I think I had just leaned on it, to be honest i'm really glad it happened at a garage rather than falling apart at speed. The dealer was suitably unhelpful stating that the part was no longer avalible he then suggested I might consider buying a complete radiator because the elbow would probable come attatched I wasn't going to but as a matter of interest I asked how much was a new radiator and he replied 'oh they are no longer avalible either' sounded like a case of 'computer says no' lol

Anyway I found the elbow + seal on ebay and have ordered it up and should be back on the road in a few days, with a new MOT :).

Dropped mine off at 8.40 for an MOT, just waiting on the call to pick up again....fingers crossed

I'm like a nervous little teenager at MOT time. I have to wait whilst its being done, and just pace about biting my nails! Glad I don't have to do it with the Corrado for another 11 months!

Good luck chaps! Just got mine through last week with only a minor repair needed and only a handful of minor advisories :)

My MOT on my rado is due at end of October!! I know it will fail :( I'm trying to get the main bits done before it goes in though! Just paid £500 for my Golf MK2 to get through that MOT too... after I spent near enough £300 making repairs and bits to try get is passed before it went in haha

Mine went through the MOT yesterday. She passed first time with no advisories. My garage thought a bit of surface rust on the rear brake pipe might be an issue, but the MOT didn't pick up on it. Well chuffed!!! Good luck everyone

Hate MOT time too.

Oh my god, it's going to fail

Oh, it passed, no advisories!

Rear brake pipes seem to be a common advisory/fail now if they are the originals. Had an advisory on my rear pipes showing signs of corrision at mot time in April. Changed them all out now from the abs pump to all four corners so wont be worring about them for next yesrs mot although the steering rack might be another matter.

Ahhhh MOT time. This week I realised the Golf was due and had to book it in urgently. My wife needed it the next day and the MOT had actually expired. It failed on a wing mirror light being faulty. I wasn't there and had little option but to authorised them to fix it on the spot.......... at almost £90 just for fixing a light (£20 part, £70 labour!).

The Corrado is more reliable and cheaper to fix than that!

Got mine mot'd yesterday too, was well chuffed passed with only one small advisory. Now just need o get the car to start reliably :-)