Sign in to follow this  
peter

Help! Is my chassis damaged

Strange question this.

My VR6 has been in a bump on the nearside wheel. When it was being repaired the body shop said that the front wheel on the drivers side was pushed back towards the rear wheel. If I measure the gap between the back of the wheel and the wing it is about 10mm different when comparing near and offside.

What i need help with is determining which side is out. Could some helpful person measure the distance between the centre of the rear wheel and the centre of the front wheel on your corrado and post the distance. Best do it on both sides so that i can compare with mine. I imagine the track is the same on all models?

Thanks

Peter

34cms mate, all round.

The wishbones would bend long before the chassis leg would. Check the straightness of those before fearing the worst.

K

34cm ? Measured from where?

Whati meant was the measurement between cenre of rear whell and centre of front measuresd from the side of the car.

It will be more like 2 metres

it is unlinkey the strut towers woud be moved without making the front chassis legs more than a little squint... try to see if they are parralel or if they look twisted. My bet is the wishbone is knackered.

you can look for tell tale signs aswell,such as gaps between doors,wings etc..and sometimes a dent on the roof,usually above the middle pillar