BILLCOR

Hic: Beware classic policy holders

Another day another insurance scam.. This is why I don't pay up front in a lump sum (despite the obvious financial incentive).

What is the justification to not getting a pro rata refund? Regardless of the vehicle, you are paying for a service.

I noticed Highway mentioned earlier, biggest thieves around and very dubious working practices, you're well shut of them.

I know mine offers somewhere in the region of 40% back up to 4 months into the policy,

30% up to 6 months, and 20% up to 8 months, but after that you loose all. That may have been the case with you Jim, and I know that doesn't help your situation Bill, I'm sure you realise they've got you by the bollox on this one mate. Its very unfortunate and tbh I'm not sure its one of the things I'd have checked out before without actually seeing it on my policy details.

Its not all doom and gloom. Every one does hate insurance I agree. But I have been meaning to thank martin for the good deal this time round. HIC are decent to deal with and at least all the lovely ladies I speak to on the phone actually know what a corrado is.

I find it much less stressful phoning hic than say direct line or admiral.

I will just reply on here to prevent it getting too confusing then.

I can see you are a long standing customer and it is unfortunate that you had to cancel so soon into the policy but outside the cooling off period. I would not be pleased put in the same situation myself so understand why you are not happy but also can see that the operator dealt with your renewal did advise of it as she was required to.

This is why the calls are recorded and audited regularly to ensure the staff are giving all the required information and had it not been the case I would have also made sure that we held our hands up too it.

I will see if there is anything else that can be done when I'm back tomorrow and we would gladly welcome you back again as a customer in the future. Feel free to drop me a pm.

Your car used to be faily local to me (Mics old rado?) and one of the few other Corrado's I used to spot fairly regularly!

Martin

It was Mics old Rado Martin and now its Mics again as he bought it back :bonk:

Im not directly blaming HIC for this, but thats where I bought the policy and it appears from some of the comments that quite a few folks are not aware of this situation with classic policies.

This is the main reason for the thread in the first place, to make folks aware that if they have a classic policy and intend to sell their car any time after the 14 day cooling off period, then they would be as well flushing their cash down the pan

It was Mics old Rado Martin and now its Mics again as he bought it back :bonk:

Im not directly blaming HIC for this, but thats where I bought the policy and it appears from some of the comments that quite a few folks are not aware of this situation with classic policies.

This is the main reason for the thread in the first place, to make folks aware that if they have a classic policy and intend to sell their car any time after the 14 day cooling off period, then they would be as well flushing their cash down the pan

ahh...must catch up, I knew Mic had the R32 and then saw he was selling but did not know he now had the VR back!

Don't worry, like I said, I wouldn't be happy in your shoes but from our point of view I wanted to ensure we had followed the correct procedures. All our staff have to tell our customers if they are placed on a non refundable policy. They have their calls regularly audited and have to consistently achieve a high standard in the audits as it can directly have an effect on their annual review.

Personally I think you made a good point - we are required to give customers more and more information to protect the customer but this can mean that you are being read out so many terms and conditions that you switch off and don't hear everything you need!

Classic policies in general do tend to be a lot cheaper as they tend to be lower risk but often there will be additional clauses such as the no refund, many don't build up no claims etc etc, not only with HIC.

As i mentioned before, I will check tomorrow and see if there is anything else I can do...

Meant to post this sooner :bonk:

I'd like to say a big thanks to Martin and the team at HIC for sorting out a part refund on this policy, my own fault at the end of the day for not reading the small print.

Thanks again and I'll be in touch when the weakness for another Corrado comes along.

Bill.