Pat.

Blackberry Corrado (R32 powered)

Aye arches are already flared an inch at the back as I did that last summer to fit previous wheels so I just need to flat them back & paint them again as the laquer has a petrol stain in it.

Chuggs they were 16x9j IIRC with 195 45 tyres, et 15 ish off the top of my head. Can't fully remember as that was when the previous owner first had them on. It's on GAZ coilovers now not sure what it was on in that pic!

The paintwork looks so nice in that photo, how many years ago was that? It's so rough now :(

So I'm not putting it back on the road til start of march, so in the meantime I'm cracking on with bodywork issues. First up, the massively stone chipped front bumper!

image_zpsyuh1hbrm.jpg

Got some tyres on the rear brocks. 215/40 stretched onto 10jx17.

image_zps5fjoksdf.jpg

Put a quick coat of black on top of the primer to see if I liked black- yes, yes i do :D

image_zpsj5m4jwqm.jpg

and this little bugger is what caused me to lose so much oil. Had worn through my sump via speedbumps etc. I'm doing a half inch or so raise on the front engine mount when I fit my vibratechnics competition mount. Also I've removed the sump & taking it to the ali welders next week or so to get it plated up & armoured haha.

image_zpsbnghhvdf.jpg

Haha the LM reps suited it really well, but at the time I needed the money from selling them & also they were too shiny shiny for me :p

Yeah man same here! They came up for sale via one of my mates & I had to have them after pestering him about them on his S3 haha

Cheers for the heads up mate! I will do. Although seeing as it's worn through rather than a hole smashed in it I'm hoping it won't have affected the pickup, shall check tomorrow! I'm quite glad the 17's will actually raise the car up a bit!

Update time:

Upon sanding the bumper down I found it had previously been blue, red & finally purple haha. Sanded through that then got the knife out and scoured it back to plastic around the indicator holes.

image_zpscbgznu4t.jpg

All smooth! Primed and blocked down with wet & dry

image_zps1smqwdyf.jpg

The holey sump!

image_zpsirjsh5ad.jpg

Sump pickup checked & not cracked- as advised by sean!

image_zpsaulghco6.jpg

2 wheels painted so far!

image_zpsz8rkfa4b.jpg

Ta daaaaa. Took the 20mm spacers off at the back as don't need them with 10j rears hahaaa. But kept the 10mm ones on the front. Sits much better on them.

image_zpsin8w3kbh.jpg

More soon when sump comes back as it's at the welders getting armoured up :D Cheers

Sorry to hear that. Have you taken any legal advice? Anyone on the forum who could help?

Absolutely gutted for you! Looks like you were making some cracking progress. Well you never know, situations change and even if you do sell, could always keep tabs on it

Sorry to hear that. Have you taken any legal advice? Anyone on the forum who could help?

I left last year due to ill health, so apparently they can't release me from my contract as I knowingly came back to live there this year. Just one of those horrible big corporate companies that don't give a crap!

Did this finally sell Pat? How are things going for you at present? Did you manage to get any solution from your landlord?

No it didn't, I couldn't bring myself to part with it! Nope, I had to pay them just under £4,000 in rent for a flat I haven't lived in. Oh well, such is life. My health has improved though so I'm trying not to dwell on that!

Anyway, some car stuff:

Sump back from my mate ready to go on

IMG_7408_zpsaybwc3ar.jpg

Put it on!

IMG_7416_zpse8dvaaiu.jpg

Got distracted by:

IMG_7596_zps3h68dcqs.jpg

Which turned out to be a complete rust bucket :'(

IMG_8116_zpssmadqcuu.jpg

Cya!

I then put the engine in my mk2 1.8Gl Jetta one weekend out of boredom

IMG_7707_zpsit5zr5sj.jpg

So I was distracted with that for a few weeks getting it all fine tuned and MOT'd etc.

Did some ploughing at work:

IMG_8009_zpsf3om8mj1.jpg

IMG_8012_zpsyczgpyrl.jpg

Remembered I had a corrado in the yard that needed tlc so I went and bought aload of bits it needed!

IMG_7941_zpswmwm8pgv.jpg

Bought: 2x front wings, 2x rear arches, front bumper, 50mm splitter, intact headlining, black ABC pillar trims, bonnet, good condition rear bench & a few

other bits.

Did the headliner in some faux suede

IMG_7942_zps2smluevt.jpg

Tadaaa

IMG_7943_zpsitsqilac.jpg

Black ABC trims in, headliner in, new rear bench in (one without a hump)

IMG_7944_zpsojdx6vbw.jpg

IMG_7945_zpsakfmrcrn.jpg

"sorted interior shot"

IMG_7947_zpsl7o9ihcx.jpg

Decided I wanted a white corrado:

IMG_8144_zps4erugaq7.jpg

IMG_8146_zpsgv5voesa.jpg

IMG_8147_zpsnynpltvs.jpg

IMG_8149_zpswgciwvo6.jpg

Cheers!

Edited by Pat.

Well seeing as the car needs a full respray & i got sick of looking at dents and rust, I cleaned it all up, smoothed out the dents and layed on a few coats of 2k matte white with the gun. It's only to last me till I find a new shell or find the time and money to respray it next year. If anyone knows of a rolling shell with alright standard paint PM me please!

10406627_10153614964069002_7732502720387540032_n.jpg?oh=fe1f82d3446b2edaf3278168d15b34a8&oe=56ACF2EB&__gda__=1454506894_a83d0890c7425b1d0239c8455d456312

With my other white cars haha, it's my fave colour for a car alongside black.

sorry to hear about the deal with your company but glad you're well. How is the car running? You must be enjoying some r32 power now!

Well hello.

Status update: R32 removed, put it in my mk2 track car- selling that soon.

20161206_200352_zpsevqkbllt.jpg

Corrado recieving a 1.8t in near future (half an a3 sat in the yard ready) whilst I build up my 2.8 24v turbo setup (I will be giving that a slowly but surely approach...). I do these conversions for a living now amongst other things so easy to swap and change (once i get the time). Now some of you may think I am mad to part with the R32 engine, but in all honesty I would rather turbo a 2.8, thicker sidewalls and also- cheap to source in comparison!

Hey, I contemplated putting one of my pd130 conversions in it, but that's just blasphemy right? (Secretly I love the idea, hybrid pd150 turbo = 220bhp 300ft/lb & 50+ MPG) But I am trying to stick with a petrol! Pic below is one of said conversions

20160708_183547_zpsn3bizqsi.jpg

So it's sat in the yard looking sad. Plan aside from engine: ABS removal, underside sorting, new rear arches to weld in, new pass door needed, new boot needed, general overhaul and refresh & whole lot resprayed either original blackberry or to gloss black (over time I think, I want to be able to drive it as a rolling project).

Anyway just thought i'd let you guys know it's still alive! I think progress will begin in a few weeks once I get current work load out of the way. Cheers

Edited by Pat.

Seems the way to go doesn't it! Got to have the Vr noise, but 12v's are getting on a bit now and 24v's are plentiful.

Sorry just seen this reply! I don't get on here often haha. Well about that....I have been hoarding my mk2 in storage simply because I can't bring myself to sell it as it has my beloved 3.2 in it. (Which in my eyes is the corrados engine, yes I could get another in future but this is a mega low milage one and plus I've had it 4 years now so it's got sentimental value, same as the corrado it came from)

So the 1.8t conversion I built up is off in the mk2 so I can sell it on, & I will start on with the corrado soon. Engine bay first so I can get the R32 sat back in after a refurb then go from there really. Just in the midst of self employment and sorting a workshop so once that's done it'll have somewhere nice and dry to be worked on.

The corrado is currently looking VERY sorry for itself in the yard. I am kicking myself for spraying it white, as it just added yet another layer of paint on that I'll have to strip back, ah well such is life! Anyway, just finishing converting my mk2 caddy to a pd130 then i'll start on the corrado! I really can't wait, I bloody miss driving it.

Nice to hear the R32 is going back in, it really is an awesome engine in the corrado.

What you need now is a set of Brock B2's that used to live on this car... funnily enough I have the very set for sale ;)