Sign in to follow this  
STORM 2

expensive alloy wheel

I made an enquiry about replacing the BBS solitude wheel (pictured) and contacted my local stealership

After 'umming' and 'ahhing' they came up with a price of £400 per wheel :!: :!: :!:

SURELY that can't be right..........can it? :shock: :shock: :shock:

unfortunately these bast@rds do take the pi$$.............expect this from VW

reckon they are chancing it a bit............my stealer quoted me £250+vat a year or so ago :shock: :shock: still not cheap but cheaper than what you've been quoted :roll: .......

I was quoted £330 + centre cap + VAT for a standard G60 wheel. The insurance company paid it no questions asked. They've clearly got money to burn :roll:

I was quoted £330 + centre cap + VAT for a standard G60 wheel.

Yup, and the RM splits are £370 +vat each :?

WTF man these are very expensive you can get like borbets 9x16 cheaper than that what grade of ALLOY do VW use semi gold plated LOL

He probably couldn't find the part number and made the price up.

WTF man these are very expensive you can get like borbets 9x16 cheaper than that what grade of ALLOY do VW use semi gold plated LOL

probably cos they have the "gold-plated" markings on them.......BBS :roll: .......though tbh they are a good quality wheel

Not being funny, but I know which I prefer... ;-)

Yeah - 9x16 Borbets ANY day :)

Well... Borbet T's or Borbet BS's at least :)

made an enquiry about replacing the BBS solitude wheel (pictured) and contacted my local stealership

After 'umming' and 'ahhing' they came up with a price of £400 per wheel

SURELY that can't be right..........can it?

i enquired at VW before buying mine off ebay...IIRC the price he quoted was about £400 each but i looked at the pic on the screen and it wasnt the solitude...we couldnt find it listed on the system after looking a bit harder so we left it.

get em off ebay for about £250 for a reconditioned set

Borbet As and Bs are rank. Dunno what all the fuss is about

:roll:

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion I suppose......,

I seem to have had more positive comments than negative it would appear though :p

Cheers,

BigEastsideVWG60

Well I'm quite clearly the only person with good taste then :lol:

oh no you're not m8 :-P :lol: :lol: ......given the choice between borbets or BBS........i would go BBS everytime 8) .....don't get me wrong the Borbets are nice enough but IMHO not nearly as nice as a set of BBS split-rims 8)

oh no you're not m8 :-P :lol: :lol: ......given the choice between borbets or BBS........i would go BBS everytime 8) .....don't get me wrong the Borbets are nice enough but IMHO not nearly as nice as a set of BBS split-rims 8)

i agree the right set of bbs on the right car is 100% every time.

unfortunately these bast@rds do take the pi$$.............expect this from VW

Yeah, but be fair, you would probably get a free coffee as well... :lol:

i agree!

BBS splits vs anything else really, BBS win!

But......... BBS splits vs bank account..... BBS also win!

Other wheel vs bank account......the bank account has a chance!!!

:lol:

i agree!

BBS splits vs anything else really, BBS win!

But......... BBS splits vs bank account..... BBS also win!

Other wheel vs bank account......the bank account has a chance!!!

:lol:

depends on whether you buy struan's wheels tho :roll: :wink: :-P :-P :-P

Sorry,

But I don't have a spare £1000-£1500 to hunt for and buy a set of BBS RS 001 in the elusive 8 x 16" 4 X 100 PCD size...., :roll:

Yeah thanks for input Roddy, as usual your correct :? :roll:

AFAIK, this wasn't a thread about who likes Borbet's or who likes BBS splits :?

BigEastsideVWG60

Sorry,

But I don't have a spare £1000-£1500 to hunt for and buy a set of BBS RS 001 in the elusive 8 x 16" 4 X 100 PCD size...., :roll:

Yeah thanks for input Roddy, as usual your correct :? :roll:

AFAIK, this wasn't a thread about who likes Borbet's or who likes BBS splits :?

BigEastsideVWG60

yes funnily enough it was about expensive BBS alloys.....it was you who mentioned Borbet B's

one thing tho struan £700 for a set of 2nd hand or even 3rd hand wheels that you've had for over 6months........... :roll:

Yeah - 9x16 Borbets ANY day

Actually Roddy, I think you'll find it was JimsG60 who mentioned Borbets first in this thread and not me......, :roll: :p

But anyway, everyone is entitled to their own opinion,however, personal comments in an open forum about the price of something a member is trying to sell does not really help.

I don't think it really matters how many times the wheels have changed hands or how long I have had the wheels, what matters is how rare they are and the price I am selling them for now compared to buying them new....,I don't think this type of wheel depreciates in value that much over 6 months :roll: And if you read it correctly, I am actually asking for £700 o.n.o, which means offers near that figure...,

But again thanks for your valuable insight :D

BigEastsideVWG60

erm, Struan? This isn't your for sale thread... It's a thread about overpriced wheels, and the possibility of getting them cheaper elsewhere...

Both of you two... Can we get this thread back on topic and see if we can help STORM 2 get hold of a solitude cheaper than the £400 he's been quoted from VAG? :roll: