Jim

[Event] Rolling Road Day - Stealth Racing - Sunday 27th October - TAKING PAYMENT

Stage 1s used to make 250hp back in the day. Stage 2 made 280hp.

Be careful with F'in tight and Holy schitt that's tight because it = Holy schitt I've just gone and f'cked my water pump, PAS pump and Alternator bearings.

You need more belt wrap. Always a weak spot with the VFE kits.

Cheers Kev, I was expecting 250ish so 230bhp was not miles off considering the belt slipping. With its performance now on the tightened belt it feels like it could well be 20bhp more ...but everyone keeps saying "that should be 300bhp" but I think they get mixed up with Rotrex as the only V9s I have found on the Vortex doing those kind of numbers are running over 10psi

I will be keeping my eye on the belt tightness, seems to just keep stretching. I get it tight and then a few days later it needs cranking again.

Dont want to screw my bearings though and that is why I've been a bit of a soft lad on the tension ;)

Nice to meet you Ben and it sounds like you've got an interesting project planned for sure!

Interesting indeed, unfortunately interesting projects usually cost far to much, are nothing but a pain to do and then break down all the time :p

Indeed it was good to meet you too, one day i hope to have a corrado which is half as nice as yours. Yours looks very OEM+ :thumbleft: its very cool!

Lovely smooth curves with not too much torque low down to wreck the gearbox. Nicely done mate.

Only thing I'd do if it was mine is fit a GT35R to carry the torque past 6000rpm :)

Thanks Kev. Thats what I was thinking before RR. I could feel that torque is coming up smoothly,but top end power wasnt there. My thoughts before were there must be some restriction on the exhaust side. Thats why I made screamer pipe. :) So Ive planned to replace turbo manifold and fit bigger turbo (garrett gt4088R) Ive bought it 2months ago. But now Im not sure what to do as 509bhp@6000rpm on stock internals is too much.

Just what I was thinking. Impressive numbers, been in a Mk2 R32T with a GT35 and it just pulled and pulled. You guys should do a quick overview graph cars to see what mods make the difference. Numbers only is not the whole story.

Hi mate. Is there any chance I can see his graphs,please?

And Clumpy1 you're welcome. :)

Think it's safe to say the belt ain't slipping anymore, got some video footage of my journey home......fun times :D

[video=youtube_share;doXWCThDX6A]

I might need that LSD after all

good news matey :)

good day to top off a good fun packed weekend and loved seeing the cars on the rollers

Need to have a proper look at redtyphoons at some point as it was mental

looking forward to the next one

Good news on the boost then. Gutted to have missed this. Have been a bit of a hermit lately and hadn't planned anything. Sounds like a good day out

Wish I'd washed and polished my car now if I'd known the standard for a RR day would be that high! Mine was looking a bit dull, swirly and sorry for itself in the corner! I'm sure it's going to get very dirty with Vince anyway ;)

Nice meeting old and new faces, sorry I couldn't stay longer...

What a spot on weekend , rolling road day was great we got there a little late but was all good , spoke to typhoon very briefly but his car is a monster and sounds ace

Iv hot a few photos ill post up nothing special mind

Ron i watched your vid was it filmed in the dry ? Was good to see you mate glad you hot it sorted

Mic your. Car was filthy and im discusted haha , kidding mate mine was a mess but the weather was bad so bugger it mate , shame your car was messing about !! "Mincy the *******" should be its name until its sorted

There was no torque figures posted so Ill post my own

So two years ago my car made

196.1 bhp

189 torque

With the shrick it made on sunday it made

198 bhp

201 torques

No map there yet but that will be with cams in the future

Also car had a intermittent lambda fault and a coolant leak !!

Nice to see everyone and meet a few new faces

Ron i watched your vid was it filmed in the dry ? Was good to see you mate glad you hot it sorted

It was kind of post rain moist, but never used to break loose like that before i cranked the belt. I actually had a proper look at the belt tension last night and if twisting it in the section between the PAS pump and the crank pully, I can just twist 90 degs with my finger and thumb so I dont actually have it that tight.

It must have been really loose before as I managed to get the charger to slide on the adjuster by a good 4-5mm, next time I will learn to tighten the belt before going on the RR :bonk:

Still, at least Sunday lunch and a cuddle with a furry amphibian rounded off a great Sunday.

Xxxxxxxx

bit late to the party but figues were

Maximum BHP achieved on the day 167.9

Maximum Torque achieved on the day 171.4lb ft

Maximum speed reached in test 123.7mph