Jim Bowen

Recommend a Vacuum Cleaner

anybody else getting adverts for half price hoovers at argos now at the top of the page :)

Oh yes !!!

ha ha , yeah my parents have one, has a carpet shampooing attachment that spreads foam but you then need to leave to dry before sucking up??, the vac weighs a ton and a real pain if you need to take it up and down stairs, but doesn't actually pick up pet hair very well despite practically pulling the carpet up off the grippers. I think it's best left for hotel corridors :lol:

Pet hair seems to weld itself to sofas and carpet!

You're not wrong about them yanking carpet off it's grippers. Small rugs that aren't firmly attached to the floor, socks, money, pens and small pets can all end up in the Kirby, never to be seen again :lol:

I've been VERY impressed with my Wickes cheapie wet/dry. A LOT of suck (comparable with Henry on max) and does wonders with seats after the steam cleaner, garage floor after the pressure washer etc. The optional "all in one" filter's worth the extra few quid, as the supplied wet filter's a bit poor (I poked my thumb through it whilst fitting it the 2nd time!) It even gets used in the workshop on dust extraction duties from sander/bandsaw etc. A blitz inside/through the filter with the hosepipe on emptying day and it's good as new again.

oh, and a +1 for Sebo for the house... We've got an ancient Sebo 360 - it's been used as a commercial cleaner, thrown away at the end of it's accounted life, and used to clean our house for about 10 years since then(!)

I second Miele!!!

Henry looses power over time so eventually needs replacing very soon.

Had a dyson too, not all that unless you pay over £200.

You can get a small Miele for about £110

Does the job perfectly every time and comes with a 10 year warranty if you pay the extra £50

Just had a replacement sent out after 3 years of abuse!

Can't complain!!!!

When i got my car (which is 12 months today, thats gone bloody quick). The seats were shall we say cleanish, i used the house Dyson ball and was hoping that i would not need to wash the seats etc. On using it the seats came up a treat could see a massive difference. well chuffed. :smug:

A well known diy store was selling George's a few weeks ago for £57+vat through their trade section, bought two!

Guest hitoall

I use Philips vacuum cleaners. They are quality and multifunctional.

I have had the same Henry for 18 years. It works perfect after all this time.

I broke one of his wheels off some years ago, recently spotted one in a skip, so I nabbed the wheels and it put the smile back on his face.

All the Numatics are a marvel of engineering and ultra reliable - they might not be the fanciest and most stylish, but if you ever check out what they use in hotels, schools, hospitals and kindergartens it will nearly always be a Henry or one of his ilk.

The only thing is they are a pain to carry up stairs, but they are simple and fun and get the job done (with a smile). I had a Dyson for a while and it had more attachments, buttons and levers that a weapon from Starship Troopers or a Manga, but it broke after a few months and never worked as well as a Henry. Siemens and Miele also seem to be good.