holeinmk1

help! Corrado 24v not starting! possible crank sensor issue?

Hi, i took the Corrado out the other day for a run. Literally got about a mile or so from home about to pull out of a junction when the engine died? would'nt restart and some builders in the van behind helped me push it out of the way.

Tried to restart and i thought maybe the fuel gauge was lying to me(the initial symptoms did seam to suggest this) however 5 litres of petrol made no difference and she still would'nt fire up. i ended up calling the rac to recover the car home where it know sitting in the garage. it does seem occasionally to fire up and idle for a bout 5 seconds then die and sometimes it just won't fire up at all. the engine always tunrs over and there is definelty fuel. It has been suggested that it could either the cam or crank sensor?

Any ideas?:scratch:

Tom

You wouldn't get fuel or spark if it was the crank sensor but definitely get it scanned with VCDS. Complete failure to start usually is crank sensor or immobiliser related though. Possibly ignition switch too.