lj16v

full carbon bonnet, brand new, never fitted. £500

Hi Everyone

i have a brand new, never fitted full carbon bonnet for sale.

in perfect condition, this is carbon in and out as you will see in the pics.

i had this made by LWS for my R32 which is now gone, so i really have no need for it apart from it looking cool in my office!

i paid £520 for it in the group buy deal a while back, i will sell it for £500 (no offers)cash on collection preferably or paypal as a gift.

it really needs to be picked up but if there was someone miles away you could arrange a courier to pick it up at your own responsibility, i would obviously pack it as well as possible. i am located near Bournemouth.

laurence.

Edited by lj16v
pics

How do you rate their work mate?

I reckon lws are really good actually, I was very particular about the quality with them and I think they made an excellent good job of my bonnet : )

I was planning to use carbon in just the engine bay and keep the outside of the car very oem looking so was actually going to paint the outside when the car was painted, I made sure that lws made the inside just as good as the topside so that it would be show worthy, unfortunately I never got that far as it had to make way for the porsche, bloody miss the raddo thought!!

I definately would have had more parts from lws, particularly the tailgate.....

L

What is the weight saving?

Not sure what the actual saving is, the full carbon one is about 4.5kgs, the original steel one is, well, bloody heavy! sure someone on here will know what an original weighs? Huge difference anyway.

L

What is the weight saving?

Let me put it this way - you can easily lift the carbon Corrado bonnet with your little finger. Try that with your normal one :)

I reckon lws are really good actually, I was very particular about the quality with them and I think they made an excellent good job of my bonnet : )

I was planning to use carbon in just the engine bay and keep the outside of the car very oem looking so was actually going to paint the outside when the car was painted, I made sure that lws made the inside just as good as the topside so that it would be show worthy, unfortunately I never got that far as it had to make way for the porsche, bloody miss the raddo thought!!

I definately would have had more parts from lws, particularly the tailgate.....

L

Thanks for the reply mate, I keep hearing good things about these chaps.

Christmas present off the girlfriend ill mention it

wish i had a bird that bought me cool car parts, they only ever seem to cost me a load of money!

wish i had a bird that bought me cool car parts, they only ever seem to cost me a load of money!

I meant it would be a suggestion, no way would she buy it for me

I am provisionally interested in this, can someone just give some comments about fitting? Is best to get it professionally fitted? Does it need pins fitted or will the original bonnet stay fit?

I am provisionally interested in this, can someone just give some comments about fitting? Is best to get it professionally fitted? Does it need pins fitted or will the original bonnet stay fit?

i would have thought that it is fairly easy to fit, very light but you would need a friend to hold while it is bolted up to the hinges. i did not actually fit the bonnet so haven't put one on a car but I've seen John Mitchell's car (JMR) and his one seemed to fit perfectly, correct size and the shut lines were correct and even.

this has a hole/slot for the bonnet stay, it also has treaded inserts ready to take the original corrado bonnet pins, so no need for aftermaket/motorsport pins.

perhaps someone with one fitted can comment......

They are sold as direct replacement. Remove your ancillaries from your current bonnet and switch them over...... grab a mate to help you

^^^^^ This mate don't imagine it is too difficult to fit get stuck in you will enjoy doing it yourself and lj16v is a top bloke.

Yes he means Corrado. He bought my old car!

Regarding bonnet pins, not needed on a quality full carbon bonnet like these. It's the cheap schitty fiberglass overlay jobs that flap about at speed and splinter apart.

Slightly of topic,this happened at drag week (USA) a few weeks ago,car was street legal

u7y5yhe5.jpg

It went that fast (215mph) the wind got behind the window and ripped the door off !

I did think so. Just thought it better to just check. So what about washer jets can these be fitted without too much problem? Would I need to drill?

Slightly of topic,this happened at drag week (USA) a few weeks ago,car was street legal

It went that fast (215mph) the wind got behind the window and ripped the door off !

I think that's why bonnet pins are a legal requirement in some US states, even on full carbon bonnets with factory latches.

I did think so. Just thought it better to just check. So what about washer jets can these be fitted without too much problem? Would I need to drill?

yup if you want to install original corrado washer jets (visible from the outside) you will need to drill a couple of holes. i was originally planning on this until i saw john mitchel's car.....he used mk4 golf washer jets which are mounted to the underside of the bonnet (look at a mk4) this would require a couple of holes to be drilled to fix into the carbon but i think gives a much neater solution. all simple stuff.

yup if you want to install original corrado washer jets (visible from the outside) you will need to drill a couple of holes. i was originally planning on this until i saw john mitchel's car.....he used mk4 golf washer jets which are mounted to the underside of the bonnet (look at a mk4) this would require a couple of holes to be drilled to fix into the carbon but i think gives a much neater solution. all simple stuff.

Ok well you've been really forthcoming with all my annoying questions! I would like to formally register my 'first dibs' interest. This is subject to me getting paid next week as is the plan. As soon as my pay has cleared I'll be back to discuss further. That ok?