sexybourbon

what is this ?

What effect would a big hole it it have on the car , iv always noticed it had tape around it but found a massive vacume leak yesterday , iv plastic welded it back together as it was like a little teet on the top that joined to the pipe next to it

Cheers

Yep it's the damper box , the little tube on the end has a hose connected to it that goes to the large maff hose . Sometimes the foam bits come of and cause a few idle and starting problems . A little clean helps that , I remember nath that used to be on here had a blockage and when trying to start the car it went bang and ended up in bits . If it goes you will know about it , it's like a shotgun going off !

Cheers folks , its definatly a hole bit a support bracket , had to be carefull not to burn through the tube when plastic welding , its all back together now just wanted to know what problems it would cause not been attached

The car has been bad on fuel but i dont know if thats down to me or the car tbh , well its fixed now , if its deleted is it just a case of bunging up the whole and removing it ?

You just have to rearrange the pipes slightly if you want to remove it - I can't remember how exactly but it's pretty obvious once you remove the damper box. Nothing new needed at all, and no chopping to the existing pipes - all very easy!