jamiehamy

Roadtrip to Skye with pics

Took a random trip up to Skye today with my mother.

The weather was great and it was also the first real good drive I've had in ages in the Corrado. It was brilliant. I've got Bistein shocks, standard springs and a H&R rear ARB. really rough surfaces can be crashy, but the handling is just sublime, soaks up all the undulations without getting flung about, no nose-heavy tendancies.

Totally composed, flat in most bends, I had a ball. Only thing I will do is go for 50 profile tyres next time (soon) rather than 45s to take the harshness away hopefully. Was going to go for standard shocks, but not after today's drive.

Visited a place called Sandaig too, which is Camusfearna for those that have read Ring of Bright Water.

Knackered, 405 miles in a day! Hope you like this pics :)

Edited by jamiehamy
adding extra pic

The ferry looks like something they used on a Top Gear special once ! Great pics though & i bet the roads up there are amazing to drive on.

Love this. Looks like a nice drive/adventure. We need more articles along these lines(instead of the usual dirge of tired old questions) Thanks for sharing.

Some great driving roads up that way Jamie and some nice pics :cool:

Regarding your 405 mile journey...pah, I drove 710 miles on Friday picking up our new family bus, 6am set off, arrived home at 11.55pm with 5 hrs of that time spent in bloody traffic jams on the M6 :bonk:

Love this. Looks like a nice drive/adventure. We need more articles along these lines(instead of the usual dirge of tired old questions) Thanks for sharing.

100% agree

Great fun to be had up here on Skye with the Corrado. Some fantastic roads including the single tracks that leave very little margin for error! Oh and next time anyone is planning a trip to Skye message me - would be great to meet up with other owners

Its funny, I bought my car to drive but in the year I've had it....it has spent most of its time in bits or part way through the fixing of some issue. I'm really hoping that next year, i will actually be able to get out there and drive it!

Fantastic :) Would love to take the Corrado up to Skye one year. Have been up fairly far into Scotland now several times, including once in the Corrado and it's AWESOME - I implore anyone who has thought about it, or daydreamed about it, to give it a go. The scenery once you get north of Glasgow is just fantastic and the roads are often very quiet. First time I took the A82 up to Fort William I could barely keep my eyes on the road - I just wanted to gorp out of the window the entire way.

Thanks for the comments folks. I need to invest in a proper camera, my phone doesn't do the autumn colours justice.

A couple more :)