Matt@OCD

Cast Turbo Manifold Interest

Well from customer interest and with us growing I thought it time to look into supplying turbo manifolds for various VAG engines.

We're able to obtain manifolds for 1.8 & 2.0 16v, Vr6, 2.8 24v V6, R32 and of course upgraded manifolds for 1.8T's both longitudinal and transverse layouts.

The 1.8T manifolds will be for K03 & K04 turbos with the rest being for T25, T3 & T4 turbos.

So I'm just looking for a few opinions on is it worth us getting a few in, ie how much interest have you all got?

Prices aren't set yet but I'm thinking they're going to come out at £150 for the 4 cylinder manifolds and £200 for the 6 cylinder manifolds. These obviously aren't just cheap ebay tat but aren't as much as the fancy stainless equal length manifolds are so I'm hoping they should find a good middle ground.

Matt

Well, the prices seem good to me. SPA manifolds are c.£450 and considered a good option for RHD cars (I believe these are what Stealth use on their builds.

From my reading around there are two main things to watch; quality of the cast material itself (needs a good nickel content to reduce likelihood of cracking) and a sympathetic layout for our RHD cars, ie how and where turbo and wastegate bolt up.

M.

Thanks Mark, totally agree on the cast material and I'm quite confident in that, we'll obviously be using a couple on cars to demo and test, make sure nothing's bad. Cracking is a hard one to sort as even the best manifold in the world will crack with enough stick given to it, it's just making sure what we have is of a good quality for daily use and sensible builds obviously.

Clearance being the other issue on vr6/R32 motors, again something I'm hopefully going to be able to test on a mates build but again, once we have them if anyone is looking to test one out then a deal can certainly be struck to do so :)

I'd be happy to test a 24v one if needed........ in the interests of science, obviously ;)

Matt where are you based mate?

I'm in Monk Bretton, Barnsley :)

I'd be happy to test a 24v one if needed........ in the interests of science, obviously ;)

Sure that can be sorted out, I'm hoping to get them over by the end of the month in time for Show & Glow so touch wood we get that sorted out

If you need a BDE head and valves for R&D or display purposes I have one (no cams / sprockets), its a heavy lump to courier though