feeenix14

New VR6 owner in the midlands

Nothing too bad actually, need to replace all the hard lines for the brakes as they are too badly corroded, kicking myself really, i knew they were too bad but hoped they would pass, and thats about it. Quite chuffed really, but the temp warning light was flashing at me on the way home, hopefully its nothing too bad. Guy at the garage loved the car too, said it was mint !!

So, i faffed around taking the car to a few garages to try and get the suitcase section of the exhaust replaced, just with a simple pipe, but i literally couldnt get on the flipping ramps !! So i ended up at a place called Custom Chrome in nuneaton - http://www.custom-chrome.co.uk - 02476 387808 - great pair of guys and took it in their stride, 60 quid later i no longer have a heavy rusty old suitcase box, just a nice stainless curved pipe. Sounds beautiful, so on the way to get it checked over by the mot man i gave it some right foot.

And thennnnn . . . . . .

Just enjoying the ride finally and then clouds of steam !! Gutted. Realised it was coolant shooting over the engine so i started it up and prayed for no traffic and luckily made it to my mot garage in a cloud of steam !! Mechanic Greg comes out thinking the worst so i pop the bonnet and we do a bit of poking and find a little pin hole in a coolant pipe at the back of the engine thats shooting water under the engine cover, Greg says no problem, just trim the end of the piping and re-attach. Thank god !!

Haha! And that demonstrates clearly what running a Corrado is all about! Lows followed by highs, followed by frustration!

Hope it's not expensive and you're back on the way to fixing it quickly!

So. Car now has full mot and fresh tax and many many new parts including - chains, tensioners, clutch, inner and outer cv gaiters, steering rack gaiters, inner and outer track rods, ball joints, coilovers, drop links, full service, all new brake system, hard lines and all flexis changed to braided hoses, new slide pins and boots, piston seals and boots, new fluids.

And many other bits i probably cant remember

Seriously seriously chuffed !!

Car drives like a dream, just needs an alignment and its all done.

Happy days

Just wanted to give a massive thanks to Greg at Midland Motorsport in Nuneaton - 02476 351451 - he's been great with me faffing around and helped me out big time, and wasnt phased at all when i turned up with a car billowing steam across his unit, he has a ramp thats sunk into the ground so lowered cars are a walk in the park and you can see from the beetle that he was working on hes used to looking after some quality classic cars.

Gave mine a quick much needed clean today after i got back from weston park, very good show that i havent been to before, getting an alignment tomorrow then im going to drive it. Lots. And lots !!

Just wanted to give a massive thanks to Greg at Midland Motorsport in Nuneaton - 02476 351451 - he's been great with me faffing around and helped me out big time, and wasnt phased at all when i turned up with a car billowing steam across his unit, he has a ramp thats sunk into the ground so lowered cars are a walk in the park and you can see from the beetle that he was working on hes used to looking after some quality classic cars.

Gave mine a quick much needed clean today after i got back from weston park, very good show that i havent been to before, getting an alignment tomorrow then im going to drive it. Lots. And lots !!

Good to hear another recommendation for someone local and glad to hear your car is doing OK!

Need to give another shout out to the guys at The Tyre Company in the bermuda park industrial estate in nuneaton, one of the guys even lay on the floor while i drove up the ramp to help my splitter on its way !! Good bunch of lads !!

I had mine done last week and I agree the difference is truly impressive! Grin inducing on the right roads that's for sure!

Is this bad ?? Just a nice leisurely drive and the oil temp got that high ? Water temp looks ok, the fans were on but i wasnt expecting to see 100 plus on the oil temp ?

Yeah that pretty good actually. The VR does run hot, but anything around the 120 mark is when I'd be slowing down and taking it easy. Most I saw was 118 around Castle Combe. Usually sits between 96 and 106 dependant on conditions.