lilfuzzer

Electric windows issue

Help on electric windows please

Anyone know why my Windows will only open when the door is open? Assuming fuses are ok at works when the door is open just seems a bit strange and am lost

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

it shouldnt but its the only thing that really changes when a door is closed or opens. As has been said its probably a damaged wire but its worth checking :)

Hi, I have exactly the same problem. Cannot find any broken wires in the door, nor could the Phirm when they looked.

Should be getting a replacement window control unit this week, I'll let you know if this fixes the issue.

cheers,

Emma

Hi,

The window worked when I first replaced the control unit, but then next day failed again. Got an auto electrician coming tomorrow as we have enough to do on the rest of the car, especially with the current weather!

Will let you know if he solves the problem.

Cheers,

Emma

Hi Emma yeah that would be great thanks

as have notice some other problems too

The car hasnt moved in quite some time apart from in and out the garage or on a trailer.

Went to Banbury this weekend. The car ran fine but spoiler didnt work, the lights on the clock and mileage on the speedo werent on (when lights were), interior light not working, sunroof not working, radio not working, cig lighter not working.

Interesting the window will go down with the door shut without the key in the ignition

Seems like a bit of a gremlim (I hope not as had some nice news at weekend so want to get this sort so she will be venturing out a bit more next year)

Hi,

Well £100 later we have working windows, sunroof and reversing lights. Woo!

The issue was a short circuit being caused by one of the wires going to the reversing lights being rubbed through. This was caused by the rear window wiper mechanism only having one bolt (out of 3) holding it on and that being loose, so the whole thing was able to move about and rub the wire.

I hope this helps, the rear panel in the boot was fairly easy to take off, the black Phillips headed screws just turn slightly (1/2 turn) and then you can prise them off.

thanks,

Em

Glad u sorted em

I shall hace to trace all the wires as I have no rear wiper but another one going to another component maybe at fault

Thanks

Chris