vw bobby

Shall I buy or not?

Hi all,

I went to see a nugget yellow corrado with a BAM 1.8T engine conversion today, which needs work, paint is faded and needs a interior as its been stripped out?

What shall I do, shall I buy it or not? So tempted?

Cheers

Bobby

Depending on what kind of money has been spent on other part's of car,rust issue's,suspension/bush's plus what kind of history does it have how many previous owner's.Obviously mileage of the bam evidence of this not bad tho.

You can pick up a cheap interior for probably £60, then do paintwork slow time. Depends just how bad the bodywork is, and how much it'll cost you to get it roadworthy (if its not already - minus interior) but that sounds like a pretty reasonable price tbh.

Getting more interesting ECU is worth £500 at least on it's own sound's a good buy but then you need to have the time to give to doing it.

I will have the time to do it, but the only problem is in the body it has two pins to hold the back seats in place, but these have been cut off, can some metal be welded in place again?

Seriously, why are you even asking this, get it bought. A few hours of polishing will bring the paint up if its just a flat.