vw bobby

Plasti Dipping

Hi All,

I want get some advise, I will soon own a nugget yellow corrado and all the paint work has faded. I easy thinking about plastic dipping the whole, as I found someone who can do it to the OEM colour. Was anyone done this, if so does anyone have any advise if its a good idea and have any pics I can see.

Cheers

Bobby

I done a alloy wheel and it looks ok to start, theres no gloss to it, after a while it'll peel off as my wheels have, I can see it being good for badges and things like that, but a whole car I wouldn't think it would last too long

I actually did my entire car a few weeks ago. Very pleased with the results for only paying $300 and doing it myself for the first time. I'm only using it as temporary paint until I save up for an intensive respray to the factory green. Don't expect it to last longer than a year or two and be VERY careful with gas, It takes it off almost instantly!!!! Here's going from green to white:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]76407[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]76408[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]76409[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]76410[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]76411[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]76412[/ATTACH]

Take the car to a local detailer and get paint thickness measured. If there is sufficient paint, a pro detailer will be able to bring it up like new, often for less than it would cost to plastidip the whole car mate.

Good work!

I guess if it was permanent, sales of plastidip would soon dry up :)

I actually did my entire car a few weeks ago. Very pleased with the results for only paying $300 and doing it myself for the first time. I'm only using it as temporary paint until I save up for an intensive respray to the factory green. Don't expect it to last longer than a year or two and be VERY careful with gas, It takes it off almost instantly!!!! Here's going from green to white:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]76407[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]76408[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]76409[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]76410[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]76411[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]76412[/ATTACH]

I like Plastidip. If its peeling (as my wheels have in a couple of places), its probably due to the surface not been completely clean.

I think this is a good alternative to paint.