JimVR6

Second Corrado..

Hello all,

I snapped this up when it appeared on eBay for a very attractive price. It is my second K reg VR, although this one is an earlier 1992 model, with the distributor. Just wondering if it is known on here?

Not really done much yet, I'm fairly certain the TS is stuck open, and as it was fairly low on oil I topped it up to a more.. acceptable level.

It has a bit of crazing on the front bumper, one of the side supports on the seats has collapsed and the gear stick is a bit worn, thats about it for bad points.

Good points are its only done 87,000 miles, has 4 previous owners, and is completely bog standard bar mk4 rear calipers. It appears to have been looked after as fuel filter looks recent, as does the air filter. Someone has thankfully done the rear upgrade along with some braided hoses, and the fronts are standard with some green stuff pads and recent Brembo disks. The bushes all look good condition and theres no untoward noises, knocks or bangs. There is only a tiny rattle from the sun roof which I will sort, it really is the tightest and most rattle free Corrado I've driven.. Engine seems quiet and smooth like.

All in all pretty pleased with it.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]76273[/ATTACH]

Yeah, to be honest I've been after another for the last few months, but I really didn't fancy a ropey high miler with an array of mods. Sent him a fairly cheeky offer and he accepted as he had taken it in in part ex, and admitted to not knowing much about them. It won't be getting much in the way of mods and will stay fairly standard. :)

Edit: It's done most of the miles in the last 3 years too, it was on 55k in 2008 or so. Also has full history up to about 2010, including a copy of the original PDI which I thought was cool.

Hope you were referring to mine with that? :p :D

No, yours was probably one of the better one I viewed, I went to see 5 in total. 2 of which were absolute shockers! This was over the span of several months mind. I went off the idea to be honest, then this cropped up. I have seen yours for sale a further two times! Looks like they're trying to make a quick quid.

A great find there, extremely rare to find any, let alone a K plater with such low mileage/owners that haven't been messed about with. For me the standard look is always best

I think it'll get a subtle drop and maybe a decent back box. That will be about it really. Oil change due mind.

Also, are there any other differences with an earlier VR? It's still an ABV but it has the distributor, hoping the oil filter is correct that I've ordered. Just ordered 6 litres of Helix and a filter so will probably get done tomorrow, weather permitting.

No, yours was probably one of the better one I viewed, I went to see 5 in total. 2 of which were absolute shockers! This was over the span of several months mind. I went off the idea to be honest, then this cropped up. I have seen yours for sale a further two times! Looks like they're trying to make a quick quid.

Oh really, got any links? The guy who bought it said he was a sprayer and if im honest didnt really look at the car at all. Came and within 10 mins was gone with it lol. Explains why then.

It was on Pistonheads straight after you sold it, for about £2200 if I remember correctly, then again on eBay, although I think his buy it now is rather optimistic. I think the bonnet is a wrap too. You not tempted? :)

Looks nice.

The prices of Corrados always seam to be all over the place. My most recent one was very much a lucky find but the owner told me he had three people before me arrive and just talk about stripping it to try and make a quick quid.

I think they're a bit up in the air at the moment, theres a LOT of rough examples out there, and similarly a lot of enthusiast owned cars with no end of money spent. They're only getting rarer, and I think in a few years these standard low milers will creep up a fair bit.

They changed the bonnet over to a black one too.

No, they "rapped it"

"

this car has had over 10000 pound spent on it in last 18 months with all the recipts to prove all new parts it had a thatcham 2 alarm and imbolizer fittered this year with certificate and recipt for £320,its sat on KW coilovers inox v1s costing £819,95 with recipt also front lights have been smoked to match bk lights,the car had a new engine fittered in 2008 with all new part costing in total off 3115,75 with recipt,4x new toyo tyres fittered 4months ago,plus a lot more recipts for new parts over its time its got every test sheet from new and all old tax discs

its got a warranty book showing work done from running new engine in from 500 miles to 10000 miles,bonet has been rapped so can be taken of if buyer wishes too this car has allways had everything it has ever needed and been well looked after.happy bidding people"

No, they "rapped it"

"

this car has had over 10000 pound spent on it in last 18 months with all the recipts to prove all new parts it had a thatcham 2 alarm and imbolizer fittered this year with certificate and recipt for £320,its sat on KW coilovers inox v1s costing £819,95 with recipt also front lights have been smoked to match bk lights,the car had a new engine fittered in 2008 with all new part costing in total off 3115,75 with recipt,4x new toyo tyres fittered 4months ago,plus a lot more recipts for new parts over its time its got every test sheet from new and all old tax discs

its got a warranty book showing work done from running new engine in from 500 miles to 10000 miles,bonet has been rapped so can be taken of if buyer wishes too this car has allways had everything it has ever needed and been well looked after.happy bidding people"

its never had 10k spent on it and the ad says its rust free which isn't true. This is assuming its not had a respray which going by the pics, it hasnt. def not worth 3.5k

Jim as much as I loved that car, im not tempted. ive moved on from corrado ownership.

Well I did the oil change yesterday, along with a new filter. Thought I had the wrong filter at first but turned out it was the correct one. Went for a spin and it is a heck of a lot quieter and happier. Pretty happy so far, touch wood.