carrots

agu engine on the way

hi i am going down the 20vt route with my corrado,if it goes wrong i will be sick as my 1.8 16v at the mo runs fine.anyway engines on the way today.i am going to buy the parts i need over the next few months then get it fitted.been told a g60 flywheel vr6 clutch,intercooler will any universal off eday do the job,i dont want to cut the bumper tho.any other parts you can think of please add

Yeah G60 flywheel and clutch is a great swap, we've got a few options listed on the site if you want to take a look - http://www.onlychargeddubs.co.uk/clutch-flywheels/

We've also got a few different intercoolers, I know the Wagner Tuning can be fitted to Corrado's as people use them to upgrade on G60's but they're not cheap. We've got a decent universal that Darkside have ran on their mk2 GTD and that's stood up to the amount of boost they've put through it and I doubt you'll be topping that so this should do the job - http://www.onlychargeddubs.co.uk/products/universal-2-25-front-mount-intercooler-fmic-540mm-x-140mm-x-65mm.html

Only problem with universals is like you say, how they fit around the bumper!

I'm assuming you've got a new gearbox too? If not I certainly wouldn't use the 16v's 020 box! I'd also look to get the newest style 02J shift tower and cable set up and fit all this in, makes it a damn site easier to set up the gears but most of all gives a great new car gear change feel!

That's about it, just a big rad and a couple of slim line fans, a good wiring loom and away you go :)

no, but you'll need to source an 02J box I'd say, I'm not sure if 020 clutch and flywheel fits a 1.8t but even if it did the engine will rip it to bits!

so my corrado box will be ok then,does anyone no if the crank is differant where the flywheel bolts to.its an auto engine

Ah lovely, thought they stuffed em then on all 16v's! I am a Golf man lol

No the cranks are the same, you'll just need a whole new flywheel and clutch kit

The flywheel of your current engine will bolt onto the agu, then fit a g60 clutch plate with the vr clutch cover

If your keeping it as an agu then you'll only get 200bhp max so your box should be ok as its essentially the same as the 02j fitted to the mk4s, but it depends on its condition, mine had done 160K mls so didn't last to long :( but I fitted the later ko3s turbo :)

I used an intercooler from a Renault traffic van, it slotted in nicely between the rad and the front panel, a merc sprinter cooler is a similar size and has been used on many conversions.

the 1.8 16v box has done about 170k maybe i should hang on and look for a 02j,i am not in any major rush to fit it.its just nice to know what parts i need so i can keep an eye on ebay